What causes jealousy in male or females?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Messiah Decoy, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Personal insecurity? Low self-esteem? What do you think?

2. it can be explained by evolution and natural selection pretty much. men tend to be much more jealous and possessive because they have no idea of being 100% certain of paternity. it is extremely detrimental to a males fitness to be taking care of a baby that isnt his, therefore we try to control our ladys actions.

(not trying to be a douche, my major is biological anthropology so i learn all about this kinda shit)

3. From an evolutionary stand point, for men at least, jealousy is caused by a learned instinct passed down by your parents through your genes. It's purpose is to ensure the passing on of your gene's.

Basically, a long time ago, the very first grandpa you had saw some asshole hitting on his women, and fearing that he may lose her(Therefore lowering his chance of busting his load in yet another girls vag and spreading his gene's around more), his brain started shooting chemicals left and right through his body to get him to react and end the possible threat. This happened many more times through out his life and it left a small imprint in his gene's. Now, this was a small imprint, so your grandpa's next line of kin only had a small chance to experience the same rage he felt when he saw that obviously better suited man laying down the moves on his cave man babe, but eventually junior did experience it and another tiny imprint was put into the gene pool that is your family.

After a few thousand years the imprint got bigger and bigger(your family is full of jealous shits so they never learned to control it), eventually reaching the level it is today and leaving said people jelly as fuck at everything.

It is an insecurity, but it's meant to help you get your nut so no worries.

4. #4 Messiah Decoy, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    That makes sense.

If I could do it all over again I would major in anthropology.

What kind of jobs are for anthropology majors and what do they entail?

Are there stoner types in your classes?

5. You should write text books for elementary schools.

6. Added to my list of future possible careers. If engineering doesn't work out I have a back up now.

7. I think my jealousy is from insecurity. I dont worry about my boyfriend fucking someone else I just worry that he thinks she is hotter then procede to pick out everything I hate about my self.

Being a chick sucks.

8. A bad past history and can't even trust someone as close as a companion.

9. [quote name='"Bliss junkie"']I think my jealousy is from insecurity. I dont worry about my boyfriend fucking someone else I just worry that he thinks she is hotter then procede to pick out everything I hate about my self.

Being a chick sucks.[/quote]

I know exactly how you feel.
    It sucks ass!

10. Yes it does! :(

11. Girls aren't the only ones who deal with this......

12. Yeah exactly. It's definitely a self-conscious type of situation.
    Not being good enough. Etc. Feels awful for sure.

13. Trust is thin no matter who I meet simply because of my past.
    And I'll give you benefit of the doubt here and there but once you make a mistake the trust is pretty much vanished and I'm not sure who you are or if I want to continue knowing who you are.