Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What causes cotton mouth?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Weedpack, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Whenever I get high enough I have horrible cotton mouth. Why does this happen? Like I know your eyes get red because your blood vessels are dilated.

2. I'm not exactly sure WHY it happens I would guess with all the hot smoke going through your mouth it dries up your mouth and you don't produce enough saliva to counter that effect (idk random guess) but I know you can avoid it by having a drink while you toke. I know I always make sure to have a nice cold drink with me I hate that cotton mouth shit.

3. dunno the scientific truth behind it but i think its because all your saliva gets really high and forgets its job and goes for a walk around your body cuz its high as fuck

4. 2 liters of water a day bruh. That's the solution. What causes it? Not drinking 2 liters of water a day and being a pothead

5. #5 hisairness, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    Science and shit

6. just the smoke drying up your mouth. Bud smoke tends to get hot when you burn it so i would imagine the inside of your mouth will dry up.

7. That would mean cigarette smokers would always have cotton mouth.  I can tell you from experience that sure when you are thirsty or chain smoke it definitely drys out your mouth but really, it doesn't compare to cotton mouth from smoking/ingesting weed.