what can this be

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Poiison, Apr 2, 2016.

1. DSC_0034.JPG
    as you see the tips of the leaves look burnt? I have noticed slow growth in the past 1-2 weeks when i switched it to flower, I had vegged it for about 1 and a half months without nutrients. The reason for this is because I couldnt buy any nutes at the time. I got some advice from one who said to start feeding it the nutes it needs for veg and flower for about 2 weeks.

I think it may be a zinc deficiency. If it is a zinc deficiency i think i have to flush it? How do i flush lol.

Can someone help me determine what this problem is and how to fix it. thanks.

Oh i guess i should put a picture of the top.
    IMG_0315.JPG IMG_0329.JPG IMG_0317.JPG

2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your plant. If you'll notice, what you're concerned about is on the bottom of the plant and is undergrowth too. This is totally normal. Considering the fact that you're growing that plant in a dishpan in a ton of soil, it makes perfect sense that you've had slow growth. A plant builds it root system first. Until that task is finished, the foliage just pretty much sits there and waits. Once it's rooted in well, you'll see the foliage take off and start to grow more vigorously and the plant will use more water. If you start a young seedling or small plant in a huge container, it's going to take it a considerable amount of time to get rooted in and go back to throwing it's energy toward growing the foliage. Also, the soil you're using has nutrients in it already. The bigger the pot and more soil you're plant is in, the longer it's going to take for it to use the nutrients up that came naturally in the soil...thus, no need for nutrients. You're plant, depending on how long it's been in the pan, probably has never needed any nutes. You're actually not supposed to start feeding them until they've used up the nutrients that are in the soil. I don't know where all these people get the idea that pouring chemicals in your plants is going to make it grow nuclear or something. The things that matter most are good soil, good light, the pH range of the water/feed solutions, proper watering technique and understanding how to pot the thing to make it grow faster. Start them in small containers, like Solo cups, and by confining the root space, your foliage gets back to growing faster. When the plant is wider and taller than the container it's in (works for any size container), it's usually slightly root bound at that point (which is what you need from the plant before repotting it), and is ready to be sized up to a new container with fresh soil (and fresh nutes). If you'll bring your plants up like this, you'll get faster overall plant growth than by just growing it from the start in one huge container. Now, auto strains supposedly don't work this way. I don't grow autos so I can't say for sure or not, but I've seen it oodles of times where those who do grow those strains say that autos don't like to be repotted. I have my doubts about this, but have no growing experience with them, so I can't say for sure.

But overall, as you can tell by the new growth on the plant and by the way the leaves are "praying to the sun," your plant looks healthy as a horse. Next time, if there is a next time, when you need to ask a question, post pictures not under flower lighting. There is no way to tell what that plant actually looks like under LED lighting because of the color tinting. Just give us pics under normal lighting and as much information about your plant, setup and how you're growing it as possible.

Looks like you're doing a great job so far. Keep up the good work. Oh....one more thing....when you do start to give this plant nutes on a regular basis, start the ppm's off at a much less diluted rate than recommended by the manufacturers. They give instructions for hydro strength usually first and then will say half that for soil grows. I suggest you start off at least 1/4 the recommended dose and then work up from there. No need to fry your plants if you can avoid it, right? Happy growing! TWW