What can one person do..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Keep it rolling, May 17, 2011.

1. to help promote certain presidential candidates for the 2012 election?? I need ideas like adding banners to your signature, donation websites, anything like that.. I'm new to this, it's my first year, I'm still not a felon, and for obvious reasons I'm voting Ron Paul :smoke:

2. well, you could spread the gospel of Cthulhu...he's the only candidate that can bring about real change.;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. As long as its RP your supporting I am glad to help. Make posters and hang them on freeway over passes. Find your closest campaign headquarters and volunteer. Get some RP t-shirts or make them and wear them as much as you can. Engage in conversations with people on the streets or in businesses. I try to wake one person up per day to RP. Tell them to watch what RP says and has been saying for the last 30 years instead of listening to what others say about him. Ask people if they like the status quo. if they don't tell them about Dr. Paul. A lot of people I know get caught up on his abortion stance. Let them know he wants it to be a state issue, not a federal one. His goal is not to repeal abortion. Talk to as many people as you can. Debate them, but do it with respect.

Ron Paul for the win:hello:

4. You can use Facebook, Twitter, write a blog, email lists, etc

Ron Paul | Facebook
    Twitter
    Ron Paul 2012 Forums - Liberty Forest Forums - Grassroots Central Updates

Utilize signage: Yard Signs, banners, flyers, bumper stickers, buttons, magnets, etc (there are tons of cafepress sites or you can just make your own)

Websites of note:
    Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
    LibertyPAC
    Ron Paul .com
    Congressman Ron Paul
    Ron Paul 2012 Grassroots Petition

YouTube is a great resource for videos, interviews, etc. Easy to share with people.

YouTube - Kanaal van CongressmanRonPaul
    YouTube - Kanaal van RonPaul2008dotcom

Good article:
    The Myth of the Wasted Vote by Charles L. Hooper

The important part will be winning the early primaries to send a strong message. Here is more information on that:

If you must register as a Republican to vote in your states primary, please do so. Even if you are a Democrat who is still thinking Obama - at least give yourself another good option. States where you must declare a party are those that have "closed primaries". Some states have "open" primaries where you don't have to declare/join a party prior to the primary election.

Republican Party (United States) presidential primaries, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following debates have been scheduled so far:
    - May 5, 2011 – A South Carolina debate, hosted by the South Carolina Republican Party and FOX News. Pawlenty, Santorum, Paul, Cain and Johnson were in attendance.
    - June 13, 2011 – A New Hampshire debate, hosted by CNN, WMUR-TV and the New Hampshire Union Leader at Saint Anselm College.
    - August 11, 2011 – An Iowa debate, hosted by the Iowa Republican Party and FOX News.
    - September 14, 2011 – A national debate, hosted by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, NBC and Politico.

Primary and caucus dates:
    February 1 – March 5, 2012: Early states (Iowa caucuses, New Hampshire primary, Nevada caucuses, South Carolina primary)
    - February 6 – Confirmed date of the Iowa caucuses
    - February 14 – Expected date of New Hampshire primary
    - February 18 – Confirmed date of the Nevada caucuses
    - March 6–31, 2012: Primaries (and other contests) that provide for proportional allocation of delegates to the candidates, and all nonbinding caucuses;
    - April 1, 2012 onward: All other contests.

Iowa Info:
    Voter Registration

Primary Election FAQ

New Hampshire:
    How to Register to Vote

New Hampshire primary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nevada:
    NVSOS.GOV Redirect - Nevada Secretary of State : Election Center

South Carolina is open as are a number of other states:

Open primaries in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. #5 Limecat, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    To better understand his positions, a lot can be found in these books (if you can't afford them your local library should have them):

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-Defined-Essential-Issues-Freedom/dp/145550145X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b]Amazon.com: Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom (9781455501458): Ron Paul: Books[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/End-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/0446549177/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c]Amazon.com: End The Fed (9780446549172): Ron Paul: Books[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537527/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b]Amazon.com: The Revolution: A Manifesto (9780446537520): Ron Paul: Books[/ame]

6. #6 Sweetleaftoker, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The Call of Ktulu? \m/

7. write me in on your vote for president

8. Educate yourself, intensely, on Ron Paul, and convince/educate other people on the internet. If you aren't an internet warrior, engage in some grassroots campaigning. There's lots to do.