What can one person do?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Jcs9MM, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Well, I am 20 years old and am a stoner, just who I am. What can one person do to actually make a difference, I live in TN and have no idea where to start or what to do.

2. i live in TN as well

educate yourself and have the courage to stand up and educate others around
    yourself. if you are trying to make a convincing argument, don't sound stoned
    or actually don't make the argument if you are really high.

just know the facts and argue your shit when people try to spread lies. don't
    be afraid.

also have a lot of patience and take the occasional pilgrimage to CA

3. Write letters by hand every day to those in local government who represent you. That's the way to go. Also, get other people to do the same.

4. It might be questionable of me to put this but it is what I try to do so,

Be an upstanding member of society in every way you can. Make sure that when people hear you are a 'stoner' that they think "wow, he is a really great successful guy". I think of this as doing what I can to degrade the 'stoner' stereotype.

Sure on the weekends and some evenings, I might fit the stereotype and am high as hell playing video games and enjoying life. But during the week, I work hard at school and have better than a 3.5 gpa. I work out and am very social, never hiding that I smoke. Literally everyone I know, knows I smoke and I think it is great. If you know the arguments both for and against, it is easy to make intelligent debate about the issue and help spread knowledge.

As others have said, writing your representatives is also huge. Sometimes you even get real responses back so you know they are at least hearing your points. I have heard from a lot of sources that a single letter holds far more sway than people think.

Other things are to form a NORML chapter, and let as many people know the pros of legalizing and the cons of the system as it stands. And never lose hope. This is an up hill battle and every person fighting it helps the cause.