What Can Molasses Do For Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PaulMitchle, Jan 22, 2011.

1. I found a link that could shed some light on this. No info on hydro tho. But it is good info. Im doing foliar sprays once a week on mine to see if anything happens. I need proof that it does nothing before I don't do it lol.

2. oops lol http://www.rcwsproutings.com/?p=471

3. Ill keep coming back to this thread as i just got molasses yesterday for my plant as well. Gonna check her when i get home, see if there's any physical changes(i.e leaf positioning, bud thickness, etc). Not that i expect much to change in 24 hours, but you never know, and im sure any really noticeable changes will happen in the next week or so. Thanks to everyone above for the input, cleared some stuff up, that's for sure.

Stay toasty everyone.

4. Molasses is a polysaccharide or simple sugar. It is used to feed all the beneficial microbes living in the soil. these beneficial microbes increase the availability of nutrients mostly used during the flowering period for most plants. Molasses is not needed unless used to feed the soil micro herd, it has no effect on flavor. Sulfur on the other hand is responsible for flavor and smell characteristics.

5. Once broken down some of that sugar is passed onto the plants. We did an experiment one time with two different runs both runs were with clones from the same mother plant. The first run got the same nutes with no molasses and the second run we added molasses. The buds from the second run came out more sticky and crystaly then the first run. Just don't over do it with molasses or you can really affect the soils PH.

6. The effect the molasses had on your plants in the experiment you tried was from the increased soil activity, which increases nutrient uptake. this would easily be the reason for increased resin production. Pro hydro growers dont use molasses, no soil = no micro herd = no need to use. ive done plenty of Side by Sides in multiple growing mediums including ebb n flo, bubble buckets, Pro-mix, Hempy buckets, and soil, all grows were done with and without molasses. Ive stopped using molasses in every grow unless im making teas.

7. #27 tplat, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
    From what I read molasses is more effective when brewed in a tea. As for hydro the only hydro I do is use a Easy Clone machine for cloning. Also from what I heard from a hydro grower a year or so ago is that molasses gums up air stones.

8. Been using non-sulfur infused Molasses for roughly a week, week 1/2 now, and my plants could not be happier. Even the seedlings are perky and growing fast. Feeding the micro herd = happy soil = happy plants. perky leaves and bud formation rate has improved. A $3 purchase i cannot complain about. As far as the measuring goes, i haven't measured the amount i use, which is no help to the rest of the world, but a good spoonful mixed with a warm gallon of water(let it cool) seems to be about all you need, and from what ive read in this thread, you cant over feed with molasses. Ive got at least one more week of feeding that im going to do before the big flush. Stay toasty everyone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. I've used molasses until the day of harvest. It makes the bud sweeter and smoother in my experience. Not too sold on it being some magic elixir to super boost yield, but it doesn't seem to hurt.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Any grocery store in the food isle.

• Like Like x 1
  11. i heard allot of people on a budget, who cannot afford the starter kit teraflora box. they recommend molasses all the way start to harvest with good results

12. #32 albuquerquegrowcfl, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
    I have a buddy who swears sugar daddy contains molasses. he bought some molasses and used 2 tbls per gal on his final flush, I'll try to get some photos after there hung.

13. I use one tablespoon per gallon of it per watering along with my bloom nutes. My plants are putting on some nice buds that are incredibly frosted. This was about a week and a half ago and they're only getting better.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sugardaddy does smell a little bit like weak molasses.

15. #35 tplat, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
    In veg I use 1 tbsp. per gallon and in flowering I use 3tbsp per gallon with each feed.

16. really that seems like alot. That would be 6 tbsp for my watering can.

17. Should have been more clear on it. Its from late mid flowering on that I bump it up to 3tbsp per gallon of nute mix. I`ve been doing it like that for 3 summer grows. If your plants are in the ground they should handle it fine along with the soil when only done once a week. The nutes we use outdoors we only feed once a week so its not over doing on the soil.

Wait, so you flush with the molasses?

19. The only reason to use molasses is if you have a true organic grow, in which it helps to feed the colony within the soil.

The rest of the shit you read on various canna forums is just that.

20. Anyone use that "Bembe" stuff that foxfarm came out with?