What can I use to keep animals away

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by backwood, May 18, 2010.

1. What can I use to keep animals away...such as raccoons, groundhogs, rabbit....ect.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Chicken wire wrapped around your containers or if there in the ground around them in the ground. something like this.

plot---1.jpg

3. Thanks for the reply.....yeah I know chicken wire would work, but I was wondering if there is anything that I can sprinkle around my pots.

Thanks again though, I might have to try that.....if I can't find anything else.

Thanks,
    Tim

4. Last year rabbits nearly wiped out my entire grow, even though i had put mothballs, soap, and hair from the barber shop around them. This year i wrapped them so I feel safe!

5. I woulda painted the chicken wire myself,Hot pepper juice sprayed on works but washes off with rain.

6. You won't be able to see that chicken wire in a month or so, if you know what i mean.

7. some how get some human hair. to go around the area you are growing in. shave ur head a save the hair. or dumpster dive at at cut and curls ...lol

I had problem with rabbits one year, and it seed to work. you can also try coyote urine.

Should do the trick

8. I had a possum attack a few weeks ago, a chicken wire fence and mothballs both sprinkled around the fence and hung in bags around the fence seems to work. I actually saw the damn possum again last night, not in my crops.

9. I use Irish Spring soap and grate it. Sprinkle the shavings around the plants. Nothing has eaten my plants.

10. Mothballs seem to work, at least for my everlasting war with the Opossum kind!

11. These threads seem endless, kind of silly considering a fence is the only sure method of keeping hungry animals away from food.

12. human hair is the best for keeping deer away. feince's are good , but deer can jump 8 feet in the air. if a deer comes itnt your spot and smells 50 different people, it not going to stay long