What can I grow in?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dvskidsec, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Okay, so soil doesn't seem to be the best idea for where I'm growing and hydro seems a little complicated for me considering I'm a beginner and want to try an easy grow at first...
    This is going to sound retarded but it's an honest question... Is there some kind of synthetic dirt well not dirt but some kind of synthetic material I can use to grow in?
    Thanks in advance.
    -dvskid

2. not sure exactly what you mean by soil not being the best idea for where you are growing...so maybe my response won't help you much. when i grow, i just buy some soil in bags (sterile) from home depot or the equivalent, and mix 1 part perlite with 3-4 parts soil. perlite works well to keep the soil aerated and drain well. if i'm not mistaken, i think one can grow in just perlite itself but please if someone knows better correct me if i'm wrong...

3. well little bugs like grow out of every soil i try and bring into the house so it ends up always causing problems

4. I'd do hydro just do alittle bit of research on it and know some stuff before putting it to the test. Its cleaner and hydro grows fast . But if your limited for cash then grow with soil just 4 or 6-plants in 5 gal buckets. Just sux lugging out all that soil. Specially if your growing in a apartment. :smoke:

5. ive done plenty of reserch it's just a matter of size restriction and id rather not spend the cash but if it wernt such a space issue id probably go for it...

6. If anyone else can help me out i could really use it at this point...

7. hey i know what u mean i hate opening a fresh bag of dirt and seeing bugs in it. if i wasnt growing bud id bring it bak and yell at the ppl lol.
    if u havent given up on dirt try mixing ur own using clean ingredients peat moss, perlite, vermiculite. and u shouldnt have any dirt bugs, all else fails get some neem oil.
    or just go hydro ebb and flow i think is the simplest, or even rockwoll drip system.

8. put your fresh soil in a large foil pan(turkey size)place it in the in the oven and bake out harmful organisms. works great.