what can i expect?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cyproz, Mar 1, 2009.

1. ok so i have 3 plants, alaskan ice, white widow, and durban poison. i vegged them for 30 days under cfls and then for flowering they r under a 250 watt hps. well my friend who has grown with cfls came over and told me max i can expect it an ounce per plant. i was like no way thats so low for an hps. i have perfect heat and humidity and i have 2 fans and i use fox farm ferts and micronutes. i just feel like 28 grams per plant is way to low and if thats the case then this is almost not worth it.

2. A common rule of thumb is to yeild .5g per Watt of HPS .... which would be 4-5 ounces off of your 250w.

3. 4 or 5 ounces per plant or overall, i only have 3 under it.

4. #4 Duckhead, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
    Overall ..... Wattage is what determines yield more than plant numbers. You could potentially get a pound off of 3 plants ... but it'd take a 1000w light to do it

I'll give you an example ..... I have a 3000w flat garden that I have run with plant numbers ranging from 35 - 60 and have always yielded in the 3.5 - 4 lb range .... the light source is the constant and generally yields in the same range despite varying plant numbers.

Wattage = yield

5. ok i get it, ill add like 4-8 30 watt cfls too to increase it a bit

6. if you dont have an issue with heat I would think about adding another 250hps ;)

7. i want to but if i did that then i would have an electricity issue since im in a apartment.

8. another 250w hps isn't going to alert anyone dude

9. its about getting raped on the electric bill cause they always charge more then what it should be they like double the overages.