What Can I Expect From My Harvest If I Plant Outdoors In Southern California Right Now?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rhinodank, May 19, 2013.

1. #1 Rhinodank, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    So I'm expecting 3 seeds in the next few days from ossc. I'm just wondering since I'm a little late in planting, what should I expect the final height of my Ripper seeds double glock to be? I am also planning 2 sensei stars. Will I get at least an ounce from each of these plants assuming they aren't stressed throughout the whole growing period? they will be getting around 14 hours of sunlight everyday and I'm using big grow once they get to be 3 weeks old. I am using Fox Farm ocean forest potting soil with a gallon of distilled water every week or until the topsoil gets dry. I live in Southern California as well. thanks for the input!

2. #2 Rhinodank, May 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
    Again, I know a lot of variables come into play when talking about the final outcome of a plant, but I have never grown before and I would like some more experienced growers advice on someone planting late May in Southern California. I know that youre supposed to plant early April early May, but I did not have seeds at that time. I just basically want to know how much of a decrease in overall growth I will have since I planted sort of late. they will all also be in 3 gallon pots.I would like for them to be at least three feet by the time they are done growing. Is it possible? Thanks again!

3. Your not that late.. so you'll still get a good harvest if everything goes well.. FFOF is good soil.. however a 3 gal pot is way to small.. start small with say 3 inch pots.. water by lifting the pot.. is it dry and light ?? or still heavy and wet..  to big a pot to soon leads to overwatering.. plants like to dry out somewhat between watering..  when it reaches 4 inches tall transplant to a 5 in pot .. and so on .. finish in a 5 gal or better.. a 15 or 25 gal is best.. or just plant in the ground.. Google your strains to see the general sizes you can expect.. your results may vary.. harvest amounts .. over a gram.. and under 2 pounds.. more or less.. California take advantage of the availability of clones and your a week or 2 ahead of planting seeds.. you'll start with guaranteed girls and they'll be about 4 inches tall..

4. ood" post="18088952" timestamp="1368995750"]

Your not that late.. so you'll still get a good harvest if everything goes well.. FFOF is good soil.. however a 3 gal pot is way to small.. start small with say 3 inch pots.. water by lifting the pot.. is it dry and light ?? or still heavy and wet.. to big a pot to soon leads to overwatering.. plants like to dry out somewhat between watering.. when it reaches 4 inches tall transplant to a 5 in pot .. and so on .. finish in a 5 gal or better.. a 15 or 25 gal is best.. or just plant in the ground.. Google your strains to see the general sizes you can expect.. your results may vary.. harvest amounts .. over a gram.. and under 2 pounds.. more or less.. California take advantage of the availability of clones and your a week or 2 ahead of planting seeds.. you'll start with guaranteed girls and they'll be about 4 inches tall..[/quote]

Awesome! Thanks for the input! this is my grow that sprouted back in April. She is a cross between Northern Lights and AK 47. She had some problems due to water getting on the leaves from the sprinklers which led to her leaves scorching which is why a lot of her fan leaves are Torn and she also had spider mite problems which was easily resolved with the infamous neem oil... I'm not sure if it was the water or not getting on the leave, but as soon as I added a silicate product and Fox Farm grow big,the problem seems to have stopped and she has exploded in growth since then.so I have the other four seeds coming in in a few days and hopefully they will even surpass this plant if they are healthier in the end :)interestingly enough, I started this one in a 3 gallon pot and she seemed to be fine.I think a lot of mistakes that people make when they start in a 3 gallon pot is that they forget about how rich the soil is with water already compared to the little seed itself. I just recently transplanted her into a 5 gallon pot about 2 weeks ago. I also attempted to fim and top her, but the Fim method failed and in return grew smaller fan leaves but the topping messages seem to have worked perfectly growing in 2 things instead of 1(sorry bad with names) here's a link of her progress in a video: http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/Rhin0000/media/20130519_144041_zps9bbfe8f0.mp4.html