what can i do with this space

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by romuros, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Hi !
    Since this is my first grow rom i wonder wat can i do with room witch is 4.5x6.5 feet and 8 feed high. How many clones can i put in there, how many 400w lamps do i need is this high enought to seperate it for veg and flaworing cell?

2. Hey Romuros, let's see if I can help give you some ideas on what you can do with that space, it's a little tricky being that I cant see the area but oh well. Since you want a flowering chamber and a vegging chamber you can break the space in two. Make the vegging chamber 2.5ft x 3ft and the flowering chamber 3ft x 4ft, you'll need more space in the flowering chamber than the vegging chamber. In the vegging chamber you could go with Metal Halide bulbs (blue spectrum) aim for about 400 watts or so. The eight feet height wont be necessary for the most part, you could probly get away with maybe four to six feet so try to keep the light pretty low, but also make sure you keep the plants about a foot away from the bulbs themselves, you dont want burnt plants. In the flowering chamber you should aim for about 800 watts of HPS (red spectrum) again eight feet of height probly wont be neccesary try for about six feet of height. Also you might want to throw in some fluros near the bottom half of the chamber to promote lower growth a little better. Make sure both chambers are well ventilated so get some small fans, one blowing air in and one blowing air out. Also make sure that light from one chamber doesnt go into the other, that way your light timing in one chamber doesnt affect the light timing in the other. In your vegging chamber you could probly fit six or seven clones. The flowering would also fit about six or seven clones. If you do it right you could pull half pound to a full pound every ninty days or so. If anyone sees fault in this idea let it be known. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.