What Can I Do To This Wax/budder/whatevs?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by OneDayJD, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Before you get to the pics, know this: I live in an irregar state, so I take what I can get, when I can get it, when it comes to concentrates. Sometimes we get great shit from out west, sometimes we have local home blasted stuff that always gets you baloney stoned, just not as clean and tasty as the medical stuff from out west. WITH THAT SAID, I was gifted a small bit today by a buddy. I've had this batch and it's good, just doesn't look the best. Out of curiosity, I'd like to play with it, and was wondering what else I could do to it? I'm talking along the lines of putting it in a dish in a hot water bath to slowly purge it out some more. I'm not talking about buying a vac chamber. I just want to do something that I want fuck it up. As I said, we don't always have it available here so I hoard it like a mad man when I get it. Check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do y'all peeps think? If I can't do anything to it, no worries, I'll dab every bit of it as is and enjoy every hit. Thanks, guys and gals.

2. If you have 190 proof everclear dissolve it in that, winterize for 24 hours in freezer, strain, evap, blam - winterized shit.

3. I don't have any grain likker on hand. But I'm glad you brought that up because I've always read about winterization but was never fully sure of what it was. Is it just a secondary purge? Gets out more terpines, chlorophyll, etc? Thanks for the heads up.

4. I wouldnt winterize it, too much work for sucha  small amount of oil. Throw it in the oven at 170F for 30-60min, should improve and clear up

5. Thanks, President Carter. I was sort of thinking the same thing. If I can't get my oven that low could I do the same thing with a hot water bath? Thanks.

6. Nevermind! Just checked and my oven does go down to 170. I'll give that a shot in the morning. Can I leave it on parchment and put the parchment on my concentrate pad? It's one of those rubber/Teflon pads or whatever. Clearish with the green border. Thanks.

7. you can leave it on the pach, make sure the edges are sort of folded up so it doesnt pool off the paper. you should be watching it anyway so that shouldn't happen

8. #8 OneDayJD, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Damn Jimmy, thanks for the advice. I put it in at 170 and let it ride for about an hour. Cleared up well. Looks more like "shatter" now. I usually take the pack of parch I keep it in and warm it up in my elbow or behind my knee before I dab it. The little warmth makes it easier to pick off. Tastes great too. Check out the pics. Cheers brother.

ETA: This is only about half of it. I usually cut my stash into two pieces so I'm not dry when I finish one!

Attached Files: