Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what can I do to increase the chances of a first-time smoker to get high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DIPSCHMIDT, Jan 16, 2011.

1. #1 DIPSCHMIDT, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    So an old best friend since middle school is coming over and he's somewhat interested in smoking. He does drink but he's never touched anything but alcohol in his life. I understand that for most people you don't really get high until your second, third, or fourth time, but is there anything I can do to increase the chances of him getting at least a buzz off of it? Like, should I smoke him up a ton of some really good dank, or give him some mids? Etc...

I smoked up another good friend for the first time and all he kept saying is "I'm disappointed in weed, what a let down. I thought I was going to get high... never touching this stuff again..." because he didn't feel anything. I don't really want this night to be a deja-vu all over again, because he did almost end up killing my high.

Edit: Thanks everyone for the double-inhale advice, I'll definitely tell him to do that and demonstrate for him. Should I smoke him up through my bong, or pipe? I was thinking bong, cause bongs basically force you to inhale just like ss3ltl said with the waterfall...
    Also* If it helps, my friend's really small. Like, 4'10 100 lbs basically.

2. Make sure to tell them that once they have inhaled, they likely just kept it in their mouth and to inhale again so that the smoke goes to the lungs. DOUBLE INHALE :)

3. The fact is, as with every thread that appears like this, people don't get high because they expect a different feeling and don't know how to inhale.

Teach him to inhale, take him through it slowly and tell him to have an open mind and just relax.

If they inhale properly they will get high.

Good luck!

4. It really just depends on the person. The only thing you can do is make sure he knows how to inhale properly. When I smoked my first time I was freakin LIT lol.

5. Not getting high your first time is mainly because they don't inhale correctly, and probably just hold it in their mouth or swallow it.

I got ripped my first time, just teach them how to inhale properly.

6. Sobe/Waterfall...Serve the hit for them (you burn it and you hold the bottom of the bottle when all the water is out). Give them the bottle but still hold the bottom hole. Tell them to inhale hard and then you let go of the bottom when they are inhaling. They won't know when it is coming and will get a big hit whether they like it or not. It basically forces them to inhale.

7. Tell them to double inhale and to hold longer

8. The whole inhaling thing is not exactly as true as everyone's saying it is..

When you introduce a substance to your body that's never been there before, the first few times are going to be weird. One can have any number of crazy effects, even if they inhale properly. It really depends on the person, and it's not something that we have control over. They might get high, they might not. It's really dependent on the person.

9. if u have a Vaporizor, i suggest using that also. Most people dont like to smoke cause of the smoke, the smell, and sometimes it tastes bad (Mids and below), but vaporizor will eliminate the smoke and some of the taste and inhaling vapor would be alot more easier on the throught that inhaling a bong rip or blunt to the head of some dankness.

10. 2 quick succession(within a minute) gravity bong hits.

the rest nature will bring

11. It sure will, but for a first time i'd go with a joint/spliff - if id tried a gravbong my first time id have been wtf hit me lol.

Go easy and likes been said make sure he inhales properly, give it a few mins after each inhale and then let him take another puff. Keep going and if hes doing it right he'll get high no prob.

12. I'll definitely consider this for sure. Thanks man!

13. make sure he gets that smoke in his lungs! ive smoked with this person before who always claimed they never got high, so one day we were smoking and i told them to pull the smoke into their mouth and then suck in into their throat and right away they started coughing like crazy and gave up on the blunt lmao as far as mids or dank if its his first time id say go with the mids just so he doesnt freak out if he gets too high but if u dont have the mids then just give him a little bit of dank maybe out of a bowl or something

14. If he inhales right, he'll get high. A lof of noobs don't because they don't know how to inhale. So just explain it to him.

I'd go with the pipe. Bongs can be overwhelming at first.