What Can Everyday Joe Do To Help Speed Up Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ILikeWeedxD, Jun 20, 2013.

I bet you've gotten some interesting responses. You should film yourself doing this!

• Like Like x 3
  2. #22 rayrayrayne75, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    Want marijuana legalized?

Heres what you and all the tokers need to do! All of you need to treat the marijuana issue like the NRA members treat the gun issue. This means all of you have to join NORML. Make a small donation to NORML (at least a few dollars) every month. Contact your representatives whenever marijuana is being voted on. Become "marijuana voters". Every single toker is going to have to show up and vote as a bloc for marijuana friendly candidates and marijuana legalization ballot measures. Dont give any politician your vote unless they support legalizing marijuana.

If all 30 million or so regular tokers in America did this, marijuana would be legal in every state almost instantly. Single issue voting is a powerful tool. 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Then, there is commenting in the news! This reaches you average "Joe Six-Pack" and, face it, most of what he knows about cannabis is from DARE! WE have to educate all those "Joes"! 

Everyone fears Alzheimer's (or will eventually). Aricept is the top anti-Alzheimer's drug. WebMD has this to say about comparing the effect of THC vs Aricept.

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC[SIZE=10pt].” [/SIZE]

Now what will "Joe" think after reading that in one of your comments? You also need to bring up Dr Sanjay Gupta's wonderful line about the US being "terribly and systematically misled" about cannabis!

After you make a comment, come back after an hour and make some more in that article!  New folks are reading the comments by then, and you need to reach them, too! We just have to keep repeating the facts, over and over, to tear down the decades of prohibitionist lies! :yay:

Another simple idea, make some bookmarks to put into every book on cannabis at your local library! Copy and paste a pot leaf and the text- "Need MMJ studies and articles? Run a search for "Granny Storm Crow's List"! (free online)". And many college libraries are open to the public! Nothing like setting off a flurry of pro-cannabis college papers! :devious:  Getting the List to as many of our brightest students as possible is a very good idea! :hello:

Ever read the Watchtower, or "Women's Day" at a laundromat because you were SO dang bored?   :cool:  Make your own pamphlets! Get out your copy of the List (see the bottom of my sig to get yours) and pick out some easy-reading articles from the news and WebMD, print, staple, and drop them off at the local laundromat! Last page has "Learn more online at "Granny Storm Crow's List" " printed on it. Since the more uptight laundromat users will dump your pamphlet in the trash, you will need to replace the pamphlets regularly, so make a bunch!

And write those politicians! They are REMARKABLY IGNORANT when it comes to cannabis! A "big-time" activist friend of mine once said of taking to DC politicians "It's like talking to a bunch of teens who have never heard of marijuana!" Send them simple articles like you would use in your pamphlet!   http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

Ignorance and misinformation are the real enemy! My List is your "ammo"! Educate yourself, then educate others! :yay:

Granny

• Like Like x 4
  4. There are an estimated 20,000,000 of us users in America.  There are 435 members of Congress.  That is approximately 46,000 Representatives for each of us users.  So if we all sent in a post card to our Congressman demanding a repeal of anti MJ laws and timed it so that they would all get to Washington on the first 3 or 4 days of the legislative session next January there would be more mail arrive there concerning a single issue than has ever happened before.  I'm sure that it would be THE story of the day on the news.  Could Congress ignore it?  Would they fail to act on it?

Skeptics will say congress will pay no attention if there isn't a lot of money sent too, or instead, and so they won't participate.  Then there will be those who are just too wasted and complacent to do anything.  But if even one out of four of us do it it will still grab the countries attention.  I believe it could be the start of the end of illegal marijuana use in America.

I'm going to send a post card to my Representative telling him if he doesn't vote to repeal the anti MJ laws I'll vote for his opposition but if he will I will work to get him re-elected.

5. Granny, its been a long time since I was in college, but even back then, there was no shortage of papers on legalization.

Ditch that bookmark idea. Good way to have what would be viewed as "pro-drug propaganda" in the hands of kids who pick up a book, potentially. You'd get raked over the coals for that. Not good.

I like the enthusiasm I see in here, but be careful out there.

OldPotHead: the MEDIA would have to report it, however. They wouldn't, necessarily. This speaks to not being a single issue voter and how the problems with the system have made it so government/corporations/the media only report that which is to their benefit. There are many issues which are giving these corporate interests this control. THIS needs to be addressed or there is no impetus for them to listen.

• Like Like x 2
  6. You're so right.  If the MEDIA did report it they would probably spin it to make it sound un-American.  But these days the internet is far more powerful than the MEDIA.  Remember the "Arab Spring"?

7. Mmm.....so many of those involved in the "Arab Spring" seemed to be U.S. educated activists. The internet was just the tool in use there. The impetus for such actions appeared to be squarely from Washington. The media would tell you all those nations were all about "freedoms and Democracy" (or chemcial weapons and evil regimes like in Syria) and gloss over the fact every one of those nations either has massive natural gas reserves, or looks to be a "pipeline nation" to get their cut of those resources.

8. Relating to your statement, iv also heard of american soldiers positioned to protect large poppy fields in Afghanistan. Its quite clear that various gov organizations are involved in extracting and controlling heroin operations in Afghanistan. Where we not told that we are there to protect and serve? Anyone who actually believes the government is a silly bitch..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. #29 Storm Crow, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    I got someone thinking about cannabis in a new light today.   :yay:  I had some help from Russ and Peter. (If you guys are on GC, Thank you!) They set it up and he took the bait!  :laughing:

Watch how "Sentinel"s mind changes when presented with logical facts he can check! (and I bet he did read the article and check the car's price! lol)

Russ - Marijuana as crazy as it sounds just may help with our country's deficit!

Sentinel - How? Stoner's cannot get jobs to buy it because they cannot PASS A DRUG TEST!!

Talk about a SELF-DEFEATING ISSUE........but it PROVES the morons in D.C. are on dope!

Peter - It is a suppressed industry. Legalization would create many new jobs and small businesses.

Me, as Storm - You may be right, Russ! Cannabis was described as a "billion dollar crop" in 1938! (Popular Mechanics- "New Billion Dollar Crop") To put that in perspective, you could buy a luxury car, a 1938 Chrysler Royal Brougham, for $975. Today, cannabis seed sells for $15 per pound retail at the health food store, while wheat is less than a buck! The fiber has literally 1000s of uses, and the seeds are 30% oil that is edible, but can also be used to make bio-fuel! As a crop, cannabis takes far less in the way of pesticides, fertilizers and herbicides than most other crops. 100% of all hemp products are imported- not good for the balance of trade! I want to buy American hemp products!

Sentinel - Well, Storm, That's the most intelligent argument I've seen in a long time. You've given me more to think about. I am Pro-medical, but that's about it. I'll have to read more---your point is well made.

Sentinel - .....but I still think the morons in D.C. are on dope already. Yes, I mean the Gov't!!

Me, as Storm - Thank you, Sentinel! Since you are already pro-medical use, you may find my "Granny Storm Crow's List" to be interesting. It is free online and on facebook.

And considering all the "contributions" that "Big Pharma" makes to our politicians, it seems possible that a few of them might be better categorized as "pharmaceutical", rather than "monetary"!

http://news.yahoo.com/dc-fast-track-decriminalizing-pot-possession-151045831.html

I'm looking forward to seeing what "Sentinel"s reply will be tomorrow, and whether I can woo him even further toward having a rational view of cannabis! With most folks, if you present them with solid reasons and facts, they will, at least, reconsider their opinion of cannabis. Of course, there are some you just can't reason with! ("CindyBin" as an example- she is absolutely nuts, or a else one very dedicated and quirky troll!) But if I can change even one mind a day one mind a day, I've done a good thing!

We are winning the "Legalization War" one mind at a time!

Granny

• Like Like x 3
  10. I was going to write. Paper of my findings oh the pros and cons of legalization my whole thing was I felt I was bias of course because I couldnt find anything for the cons for the paper lol... but honestly if I could have found some good cons I was going to write a paper with sources included and send it to norml and all of the states elected official

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Nice work Granny!

I'd like your feedback on an idea I have about how we might get the Congress' attention and maybe even some discussion started about legalization. 

My idea is for MJ users to send a post card to their Congressman asking them to repeal anti MJ laws and regulate it and tax it much the same as Alcohol is regulated and taxed.  And send them timed to arrive at the Capital at the beginning of the first Legislative Session of the year in Jan. sometime.

There are an estimated 30,000,000 MJ users in America and only 435 Congressmen.  If we all sent one in that is 68,965 post cards that each Congressman, on average, would receive.  It might be enough to jam up the Congressional Mail Room.  It would be enough to get their attention because it would be far more than has ever been sent to Washington on any subject, ever.  It would probably be a lead story on the Network News.

I have no illusion that all of us will get together and do anything.  I get all kinds of negitive feedback on the idea, from skeptics and people who want the Govt. to just stay out of it.  But if only 20% of us do it we will be heard!

Will you join me?  Please!

12. God is wrong and the DEA is right? I am waaay too stoned to answer this.