what can drug dogs smell?

Discussion in 'General' started by BusinessmansTrp, Nov 15, 2006.

1. im thinking about takin some bars somewhere but they might have drug dogs smell us before we go. can drug dogs smell bars? i mean, its just a pill.

what all can drug dogs smell?

2. Basically, whatever they have been trained to smell. Usually that's the popular drugs like cocaine, heroin, weed, etc. Not all pills have a distinct odour, so it's unlikely they would recognise yours, though, in truth, I haven't a clue what sort of pills "bars" are.

Do you know their clinical name?

-mu

3. I think bars are Zanax but I'm not sure.

4. to my knowledge bars = xanax

5. Yea dogs are definetly trained to sniff street drugs more so than pharms. But I know of somewhere where the dogs are trained to sniff Oxycontin so Id be careful. The dogs might actually be trained not to sniff out the specific chemical in each pill, but maybe more general things like certain common fillers or coatings so they would be able to sniff all pills (if you understand what I mean).

6. If it's Xanax, that's a prescription drug, no way would they train dogs to smell that. If the did, imagine it! It's used to treat anxious and depressed people, not the sort of folk who would appreciate being lept on by an Alsatian!

-mu

7. I would think that you should be fine...they usually only train dogs to smell narcotics.

8. yeah i dont think they can smell scripts, ive walked right past one with a pocket full of percs and vicodin

9. you should even trip about it.

10. FUCK FUCK GOD DAMNIT LOL!!! you got to it before me lol shit i was hoping nobody would have grabbed it yet, good job

11. both you guys are smart men... i was thinking the same thing im pissed it was already taken!

12. i was gonna say cancer

13. Haha, I wanted to say that too but there are too many posts already for it to be worth it anyway.

14. No dogs cannot smell pills,
    usally thare trained to sniff out marijuana and cocaine