what can compost do for you.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by johnnytoobad, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Can Compost help out your grow if you mix it with soil and perlite. can it act as an aerator (SP)? giving air to the roots?
    Is it usually too rotten to use. Reason im askin' i realized i live near a public compost pile. HUGE PILE....i would think it might have alot of natural nutes in it? lemme know

2. i read a little and answered my own question I think. this i believe is usefull information, and it was at the pile talking to a fellow gardener that gave me the answer.
    SOIL:
    Rhododendrons and azaleas are broadleaf evergreens
    requiring a well drained, acid soil (ph 5-6 range).

and i found this too

Acid Loving Plants
    Azaleas love the acidity of the pine needles. I have always put pine needles around my bushes every fall and they love them. I think rhododendrons like acid soil, too. Hope this helps....Lisa

ok and we all know the herb likes 5-6 range.
    i found compost consisting of wood chips and pine needles so with one plant i have mixed this in with a soil perlite mixture. if it doesnt kill it or have adverse effects after a week i think itll be allright. this could be a way to lower ph next to nothin for all the growers strapped for cash.