what can be done about mold?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gorillagrow40, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Help! This year was my first year ever growing outside and things actually went pretty good, but I noticed some mold forming on my buds, is there anything I can do to get rid of the mold or is those buds just a loss? :confused::mad:

2. you cant smoke em but you can kief em and press some hash.:hello:

3. thanks, I figured that was gonna be my only solution!

4. Look for little worms inside the bud where the mold is.

5. I already looked for those little worms and didnt find any, I just cut off those branches with the mold for now and im gonna keep an eye on the rest! Im just wondering if I should just harvest it all before more mold forms! any thoughts on that thinking?

6. you can use a torch pen to get rid of mold. ive been doin it for quite some time and it is smokeable

7. Is this grow in your backyard or the bush? Can you put a fan on them? If any under brush around your plant pull that stuff back. try to get better air flow.

8. I only wished it was my backyard! Its all out in the bush so im limited to what I can do! everything is pretty much ripe as its a fairly early bud'r, I was just hopeing to let them go 1 or 2 weeks at the most longer just to ripen up to perfection! All the buds are nice, tight and really thick and full of resin, but the hairs just dont seem to be turning colors yet! Im just worried some rain or morning fog is gonna ruin all my hard work!

9. well just try to clear all the under brush and give it some air. Try to keep the bottom of the plant dry from other bushes and grasses.

So you think it is bud rot? Just watch it close. If loses to much just pull it. But it will still mold during the drying process if it to far along spore wise. So even after harvest keep a close eye on it.

10. what do you mean bud rot? is that different from mold? I've never had bud mold on me before so I honestly dont know, buds were molding all the way into the center so is that what you mean by bud rot?