What bug is this

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Fifedogg, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Found a few of these little bugs under the leaves today. Sprayed with sone neem oil and some don't bug me spray. Any good products to use before they get out of control? Thanks guys![​IMG]

2. That's a russet mite. That really sucks. There's a guy who's rid himself of them using a sulfur burner. That is kinda hard on your leaves though but very effective leaving a long residual on the leaves.

Cannarborist also got rid of his I think using spinosad. I would look for his journals. I think he has them in Indoor Grow Journals. You an also Google russet mites UC Davis and you'll get info collected from farmers and what's worked best. You'll learn about that mite too as they're different from other mites. I'm really sorry.

3. #3 Fifedogg, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    Really sucks I just realized moving a plant from veg to flower infected ask my plants that are 30 days in bloom. Did this about a week ago. I heard mighty wash works really good so I next day shipped a bottle from Amazon. Also having some spinosad delivered too. Do they leave webs or anything else I should be aware of as I haven't seen any yet? Thanks for your help!

4. Mighty wash is just soap, water and some essential oils. It works good in flower for two spotted mites, not russets. They are hard to kill and when they bite, it injects a toxin into the plant tissue which causes it to die. Spinosad if used with your neem oil will go into the plant tissue an stay there for a few days leaving a more systemic way to kill them. You mix the spinosad according to directions first. Then you go about emulsifying the neem with that water. The oil helps act as a sticker spreader to coat the leaf and bug better as well as help the spinosad penetrate the lead tissue better.

5. Oh yeah. Oil sprays and sulfur don't mix. You have to leave a 30 day interval and just use something like spinosad in the meantime. Thought I'd mention that in case you got a burner.

6. I don't believe these are russet mites after looking at them under the scope really good and doing the research through Google. It is said you can't see them with your naked eye and are found in clusters. I'm finding them only about 1 or 2 per leaf if any at all and see them without a scope prety easily and I have bad vision. I'm going to hit the plants with both Mighty Wash and Spinosad later today. I'll reprort back with my results.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. That is really good to hear. It's the right color and shape but it is a big if you're finding it easy to see.