what bug is this? and what the best way to get rid of them? (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ireallydontknow, Apr 25, 2009.

1. #1 ireallydontknow, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil
    What brand and type of soil? hydrofarms?
    Indoors or outdoors? indoors
    What strain? white widow, mango, super silver haze, grand daddy purple, and 2 space queens
    How old are the plants? 3 weeks?
    What type of lights and how many watts? mh 100watts
    How far from the lights? 14 inches
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? i check only when watering 6.4
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 75-89
    What size pots? 3gallons?
    Any bugs? Look real close. .......
    Any other pertinent info?
    what must i do to resolve this issue

Attached Files:

2. spider mites??? gnats?

3. vinagar water mix?

4. do i spray that on? or do i just water them with water and vinegar solution? and for around how long?

5. Definite spider mite infestation.

6. I dont know about the vinegar thing, but ive heard that you can use 1 part rubbing alcohol, 2 parts water mixture and spray it on them.

7. spider mites, kill em QUICK!

8. Neem oil mixed with a little dish soap works well. I used it recently on the mites. Takes a few applications to get rid of them. I caught it early though. Looks like yours got a good foothold on your ladies so it might not work for you
    Ive heard a lot of good things about a brand called SAFER that makes really good safe products you might want to try though

9. spider mites m8 order some ladybirds will come frozen just defrost put in your growroom leave for a week then hover the ladybirds back up and put in freezer till u need them again:smoking:

10. mite infestation

Neem Oil ...2 table spoons per gallon of water & 2 drops of dish soap spray every 3 days for 2 weeks especially the leaf undersides

11. wow man.
    your bullshitting about them coming frozen, and refreezing them to keep them alive, but you CAN actually buy ladybirds for your grow room.

Adult Ladybirds and Lavae - Buy Online UK

amazing.

if i ever got aphids i'd definately buy some ladybirds to stand as trojans and fight for my plants. thatd be awesome. xD

12. yeah you can buy them and they work IF you havent previously sprayed any pesticides in the grow room, they are sensitive little buggers

13. #13 ireallydontknow, May 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2009
    yea i tried the bleech thing for a week and it didnt work...the vinegar one didnt work either...so i just went out and bought whatever the hyrdo store recommended and it worked in like 4 days and now my plants look excellent...tnx for everyones help

edit- i used "monterey - takedown garden spray" and it worked pretty well...

14. Go buy a few no-pest strips, they will be gone within a few days.