What auto should I grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growbig2, Dec 17, 2012.

1. I can only grow 2 plants because of my lighting.Here are the options

Big BudxNorthern Lights auto
    MI5
    Lowryder#2
    Northern Lights Auto

Can't make up my mine.Hoping somebody here has grown one of these.

Thanks

2. Why must it be autos?

Don't want to appear negative but i don't personally recommend autoflowers to anyone. There are many draw backs.

If you're trying to make things quick and simple. Dont buy into the seed companys bull sh%t. Go for something like a feminized Northern lights cross from a reputable breeder.

3. I got them on sale,and after I grow them(hopefully it will turn out good) I got some Afghan Kush seeds to grow.Just want some fast bud.Yeah I heard about the Nirvana autos not autoing so I made sure to get the Northern lights from some other breeder that I heard good things about.

4. [quote name='"Noam Chongsky"']Why must it be autos?

Don't want to appear negative but i don't personally recommend autoflowers to anyone. There are many draw backs.

If you're trying to make things quick and simple. Dont buy into the seed companys bull sh%t. Go for something like a feminized Northern lights cross from a reputable breeder.[/quote]

Dnt listen to him autos have a place depending on ur,need check out my grow wit autos...

5. Yes northern lights is an excellent breed. Fingers crossed growbig2.

This guy knows a lot about cannabis variety, with lots of growing and genetic info

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB1rpV1HVas]Northern Lights Marijuana Cannabis Seeds - YouTube[/ame]

6. Can't wait.Will be my first time growing some NL. Heard it is legendary lol
    Now I got to decided should I grow the NL auto or the NLxBig bud Auto lol

7. My bro grew the NL auto from Nirvana. Shit turned out amazing. Id recommend. It is also good if you are concerned.with smell.

8. Have you grown autos? Ive grown many autos and many photoperiod strains. Autos have all the same needs and wants that a photoperiod plant has. Its really not harder, nor easier imo its about the same in terms of difficulty.

Some say there smaller well Ive had some grow 40-50 inches tall. 1st generation autos sucked donkey dick but the ones coming out now are great. Check out Dutch Passions website and most of there pictures and journals are from people like on here that have had impressive results. Earlier in the year grew some Afghan Autos from World of Seeds. Got about 21/2 ounces off each, both grew to about 35-38 inches and start to finish two months. A great smoke as well.

About the only drawback Ive had is there can be a guessing game when its transitioning to flowering but its evident pretty fast.

9. Yes I thought it wasnt worth mentioning because I grew a pack of original Lowryder; back about 5 years ago

How do you get round not being able to take cuttings?

10. Autos have come quite a way in five yrs...as for the cuttings...easy...autos r usally done from seed to harvest as photos take to flower not includin veg time so theres positives n negatives

11. You really should'nt. Thats a negative aspect on autos...no real cloning and what not can be done with them.

Unlike photos Autos are wired that after they germinate theres a race to the finish that you can't stop.

12. you'll grow and smoke hemp but not autos? weird.

OP, just for my own pleasure, i'd like to see a journal of either of the Northern lights strains ;)

13. no that guy just talks straight bullshit. besides any auto NL strain will vastly differ from any phito NL seed strain or cutting.

autos are pretty pointless in indoor growing, theyre just oberadvertised for newbs because you always need seeds to grow them.
    growing autos outdoors can make sense for off-season harvests or in a spot that doesnt get dark at night. but indoors where you can control the lighting, thereis no reason to choose autos.

14. Im tired of ppl sayin autos r pointless the man gave u a list of wat he had n said out of those which shood he do...on top of tat autos have progressed for a reason....ppl use em...they have their purpose n if u say they r worthless u dnt understand ppl have different needs/situations

15. [quote name='"baumeister"']

no that guy just talks straight bullshit. besides any auto NL strain will vastly differ from any phito NL seed strain or cutting.

autos are pretty pointless in indoor growing, theyre just oberadvertised for newbs because you always need seeds to grow them.
    growing autos outdoors can make sense for off-season harvests or in a spot that doesnt get dark at night. but indoors where you can control the lighting, thereis no reason to choose autos.[/quote]

By the same logic, growing indoors at all is pointless. I mean why even screw around if your not pulling a lb per plant.

16. #16 Doc-J, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    [quote name='"Jayaday"']Im tired of ppl sayin autos r pointless the man gave u a list of wat he had n said out of those which shood he do...on top of tat autos have progressed for a reason....ppl use em...they have their purpose n if u say they r worthless u dnt understand ppl have different needs/situations[/quote]

I agree, I pulled just over 14 oz dry in around 70 days from seed with autos. Sure, with photo strains and a longer grow cycle I may have netted more, but 3/4 of a pound is enough to last me a while and I would hardly call it pointless.

17. #17 baumeister, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    no thats not the same thing at all, although growing plants with artificial light is an extremely weird and wasteful concept.
    the thing is that to my knowledge autos have no advantage over photos in an indoor environment where controlled dark phases are possible.

autos do undoubtably have some disadvantages compared to photos in how theyre much less controllable.
    with a photoperiod plant you can have a controlled veg phase, which doesnt only serve the purpose of taking clones/keeping a mother plant, but can also be adjusted to achieve the desired final plant size at harvest. a fast photo strain sent into flower early will perform about the same as an auto.
    with autos you can only grow from seed, then you gotta give them large containers right away so their roots never get crowded cuz you gotta get everything you can out of that short veg phase, and still you can never have a uniform grow of multiple plants like you could with clones, instead they will start flowering at different times, take different times to finish, stretch differently... youre not making anything easier, just a few things harder - and more expensive, which is the key element for the seed suppliers.

autos do serve some purposes, but not necessarily the ones theyre being advertised for. autos are perfect for balcony grows and they can be used for harvesting during summer, which is an awesome advantage in my opinion. they can also make sense if you want to grow a single plant on your desk or something like that rather than an enclosed grow room, tent or whatever. however they are not generally good for beginners or faster than other strains, which is how theyre usually being advertised.

anways, the question was for good auto strains, right? I know two that Ive read some good stuff about and Ive considered to buy for next year's balcony grow; paradise seeds' pandora and dutch passion's automazar. I have no personal experience with these but I am convinced that theyre at least above average auto strains.

18. #18 Jayaday, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    [quote name='"baumeister"']

no thats not the same thing at all, although growing plants with artificial light is an extremely weird and wasteful concept.
    the thing is that to my knowledge autos have no advantage over photos in an indoor environment where controlled dark phases are possible.

autos do undoubtably have some disadvantages compared to photos in how theyre much less controllable.
    with a photoperiod plant you can have a controlled veg phase, which doesnt only serve the purpose of taking clones/keeping a mother plant, but can also be adjusted to achieve the desired final plant size at harvest. a fast photo strain sent into flower early will perform about the same as an auto.
    with autos you can only grow from seed, then you gotta give them large containers right away so their roots never get crowded cuz you gotta get everything you can out of that short veg phase, and still you can never have a uniform grow of multiple plants like you could with clones, instead they will start flowering at different times, take different times to finish, stretch differently... youre not making anything easier, just a few things harder - and more expensive, which is the key element for the seed suppliers.

autos do serve some purposes, but not necessarily the ones theyre being advertised for. autos are perfect for balcony grows and they can be used for harvesting during summer, which is an awesome advantage in my opinion. they can also make sense if you want to grow a single plant on your desk or something like that rather than an enclosed grow room, tent or whatever. however they are not generally good for beginners or faster than other strains, which is how theyre usually being advertised.

anways, the question was for good auto strains, right? I know two that Ive read some good stuff about and Ive considered to buy for next year's balcony grow; paradise seeds' pandora and dutch passion's automazar. I have no personal experience with these but I am convinced that theyre at least above average auto strains.[/quote]
    Lol is all I neee to say...autos have no advantage indoors...WTF yes...they do best under 20/4...so u tell me where u can control the amount of sunlight 20 hrs on n 4 hrs dark...oh wait u cant control it lol so there is an advantage u can set ur light to watever u want...autos on ur balconey eh...? Tats wat they r good for...hmmmm...n they r faster than photo....with a photo it takes wat 8-12 weeks to flower not includin veg time... with autos they finish in tat time from seed bro...crazy how ppl spit garbage...btw its not a photo vs auto thread he has those seeds n not askin for photo info

19. [quote name='"joker865"']

I agree, I pulled just over 14 oz dry in around 70 days from seed with autos. Sure, with photo strains and a longer grow cycle I may have netted more, but 3/4 of a pound is enough to last me a while and I would hardly call it pointless.[/quote]

Agree....

20. garbage, huh?

thank you for demonstrating which kind of uninformed newbs are usually fooled by the seedbanks' advertising on autos.