What are your views on society?

Discussion in 'General' started by HighThereJackie, Feb 4, 2014.

1. I'm with this guy...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPt-s5w9W3Q

3. I like many people as individuals, but as soon as we group together the focus seems to become solidifying our position in the pack using money, strength, or just putting others down.
    We put so much importance on our useless destructive lives
    Everybody needs some escape from this unnatural world we've built whether it be with drugs, sex, money, television, meditation etc
    Our laws are based on emotion rather than logic
    It's perfectly acceptable to kill an animal but if you kill a human you get locked up for life. We draw imaginary lines between things that are exactly the same so we can justify our fucked up choices that are based on convenience
    The only real parts of the world that are left are small fenced off places we call national parks which we will hold onto until we find someone that wants to buy it
    If WE cause a species to become endangered our solution is to kill off its predators like we are doing the world a favour
    And the only way anything will change is if all humans make a conscious effort to evolve

Overall I guess the sooner we go extinct, the better off the universe will be

4. I absolutely fucking hate society. The way people think, the 'logic' behind decisions, the general lack of logic all together. You tell them anything, they will believe it. They don't question information. The stupidity. I'm trying to find words that can describe what I think of society, I can't even do it. How people change to conform to society, limit themselves to fit in, and not in the corny way. I hate so much about it. How they think they have control, thinking they're powerful. They have nothing.

5. You're right. Society is a bunch of pussies, leaning on others to solve their own problems. Its fine to ask for help, but fuck, there has to be a line somewhere. Too sensitive, want to be coddled, pisses me off.

6. #26 Royal Vengeance, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014

Last time i checked.. You can barely step on a snail in our society without some animal rights group trying to hang your from the rafters for murder.

Bunch of companies just stopped purchasing Angora fur.. Meat companies are constantly getting fined and penalized for animal treatment.. Even fish farms are constantly getting shut down for animal rights abuses.

So im gunna have to disagree with atleast part of your logic there.

7. That perfectly sums it up. Great post.

8. That the biggest threat to you is your fellow man.Sent from my N860 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Eh, society's moral compass is fucked. TV is poison to young minds, and has warped them into believing a false reality. Attractive people have such ugly souls

10. I feel like everyone these days is too fuckin selfish. Just think about someone other that your self for once. People think "if I'm ok, then everything is ok." and it doesn't work like that. People are so arrogant, egotistical and narrow-minded that it drives me crazy.People judge others right when they see them and don't care about getting to know them because of the person's appearance. I also hate it when people think they are better than others. I believe that no person is above another in this world and that we are all equal.

I'm not trying to appear pessimistic, as i try to see the good in people MOST of the time, these are just my views on things.

11. #31 WizardInBlack, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    You sound more like an animal rights enthusiast whereas i feel that humanitarianism is more important. People care more about a sick cat rather than a starving child. That's another thing, we all have opinions and we try to tell other's what to do according to our opinions. We should learn to accept all the differences of our fellow man and live in harmony, but unfortunately it's nowhere near that simple.

12. Society is like sex, so if you like sex,, ,,,,u might fuck ur ex.

Go ahead, send me a text ;)

13. it's been going to shits after that bitch eve ate that apple

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. My view is that American public schools and colleges do not encourage people to be entrepreneurs, are society demonizes people who are rich and parents encourage kids just to have a job and be a slave pretty much. The best way to summarize it is that we shouldn't tell someone to just work for somebody but to work with them. I could go be a software engineer for a company with a set salary. But the feeling of being your own developer and negotiating your own contracts terms is a lot better and your not worried about being laid off, if a contract doesn't work out I can always secure a new one. 

15. Social networking, the attention era. Everything nowadays is centred around attention.

Oooh look at this picture of my food, it's so yummy!
    Oooh here's 528 pictures of my baby, i gave birth to that!
    Ohmahgawd i'm going to see Bruno Mars tonight, i'll just hold up my phone for the entire concert so I have it on video, even though i'll never watch it, but you guys can watch it, I was there look!!!

Seriously, it's like everyone nowadays feel the urge to justify the fact that they've done something, or gone somewhere. I'm all for taking pictures and videos for memories etc, but there's a line, man. If you go to a restaurant, eat your food. If you go to a concert, enjoy the bloody atmosphere and forget trying to get the perfect camera angle! 

We don't want to see your quadruple bacon cheeseburger, or your baby scans, or a blurry picture of Rihanna shaking her ass on stage. Well, maybe the latter ;) . But for real, i'm really happy that you're doing things you love and living life, but for gods sake I don't need to see every aspect of your life.

[/Rant]

I agree. Although it is tough to differentiate those who are genuinely giddy over such insignificant matters and those who are just exploiting deep experiences for surface level attention and admiration. 

The latter lives a sad, sad life.

17. Everyone's a narcissist these days.

Of course, the naturally giddy can be excused but you can always tell these people apart from the attention-whores. Definitely losing faith in society, facebook for me is now basically one giant fucking photo album.

Myself included, I just don't post it on the internet  :cool:

19. Its on the verge of a breakdown quite soon.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

20. The ever growing divide between the rich and the poor is what bothers me the most. How in this society, you can have families where both parents work full time, and yet remain in poverty, or near poverty. How in this society, there's no opportunity for you in the working world unless you're educated, and a college education is increasingly inaccessable to most middle class (or formerly middle class) families.

The basic cost of living continues to climb, and the average american worker continues to full farther and farther behind that cost. What jobs there are available to the average working man are part time, temporary, or are full time, but do not pay a liveable wage.