What are your regrets in things you do or with life in general?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by cashewmilk, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Perhaps the lessons learned by older or more experienced people can help a younger generation. I am interested to see if we can all not learn something.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I would say not starting my own business 10 years ago when I had the time and energy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think this one is different but traveling really opens your eyes when you see how different everyone's lives are from yours. I think it something people should do also builds confidence. Although I'm 20 I still need to travel more whilst saving up and being smart financially

• Like Like x 2
  4. I regret the things I've done whilst under the influence. Glad I never (seriously) injured any one or myself. Could be in jail or worse.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Never eat the "free snacks"

Always make eye contact and don't be the one to break it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Damn. I really want to open one before a certain age too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Regret doesn't sound like a very positive emotion to illicit when thinking about something so why would you want to dwell on it?

Until you're on your deathbed or past it, regret isn't something you should allow yourself to feel.
    That being said, I think if i'm in about the same situation I am now, even five years from now, I will be thoroughly disappointed in myself.

8. I regret not taking the marine engineer job for the navy. My friend went ahead and did the 3 years of school. Now he's all over the goddamn world seeing things and cultures while serving.

Meanwhile I'm just a miner with no other education besides high-school and got my equipment operator licences. My job pays handsomely and a lot more then he makes actually. But I'd give it up just to see things and travel while working like he does.
    I don't give 2 fucks about money anymore.
    As long as I can put food on the table and pay my bills I would be content.
    In the process of leaving my job to move home closer to the sea again.
    And I can't fucking wait.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I would say dropping out of school back in Jamaica. that's the only thing I regret.

10. I regret smoking pot in the Army, and going AWOL. I had a "Secret" security clearance, was a 25 Sierra (Satellite Communication Systems Operator/Maintainer), a $40,000 cash bonus waiting for me after I finished school, and amazing career opportunities ahead of me if I either a) stayed in the Army or b) left with all that experience...

I was 19-20 then and am 27 now... It's one of my single biggest regrets in life...

11. Does the army do a lot of random drug testing?

12. Kind of regret going to school in Indiana (My home state). Really wanted to go out west but it's really expensive sadly

13. Edith Piaf

"No Regrets"

No! No regrets
    No! I will have no regrets
    All the things
    That went wrong
    For at last I have learned to be strong

No! No regrets
    No! I will have no regrets
    For the grief doesn't last
    It is gone
    I've forgotten the past

And the memories I had
    I no longer desire
    Both the good and the bad
    I have flang in a fire
    And I feel in my heart
    That the seed has been sown
    It is something quite new
    It's like nothing I've known

14. Yes. They test you during the MEPS Physicals, not during Basic Training, but once you get to AIT and beyond it's about once a week they'll do randoms and drug tests for everybody after vacations. It's IMPOSSIBLE to cheat them because the Sergeants have to literally stand over you and watch you pee.

For the record though, I didn't fail a UA, I was running around one night smoking and I forgot they we're searching bags that night and the Sergeant found my pill bottle with REMNANTS of weed material.

THANKFULLY military trouble is seperate from civilian life so I still have a clean criminal record.

15. Wow I didn't know they tested that frequently. Yes it would be impossible to get away with toking. That's good you didn't get into trouble, nobody needs that on their record.

16. Did they dishonorably discharge you? Does a dd affect your abilities outside of the military?

17. I got an Other Than Dishonorable Discharge, and naw, thankfully employers don't care about that, all a DD or OTDD does is bar me from ever entering any branch of the military ever again.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Did you go awol this happened to a buddy of mine that wemt awol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I wish I could say I have no regrets, but it would be a lie. I regret doing stupid shit while drunk, especially those that resulted in serious injury or legal trouble, or damaging my older brother's car. I regret getting married too young to someone I didn't love as much as I thought I did (and vice versa). I regret letting myself fall into the rabbit hole of addiction, repeatedly. I occasionally regret going to paramedic school instead of nursing school, but for the most part I've really enjoyed the job, and it's not like it's impossible for me to become an RN sometime in the future, so I really can't complain.

Overall, I'm pretty content with the way my life has played out though, or at least the things within my control. The experiences that we regret are just a few out of all those that make us the people we are today. Corny as it sounds, it's not only the good times that have formed our personalities; the bad times do just as much both to and for us. I don't know who I would be if things I had gone differently, and life is too short for me to wonder too much about that :smoke:

I must say that I regret not investing more than I did into bitcoins and litecoins; if I bought and sold a few times what I did, I could really be sitting pretty right now! :p But again, I really can't complain. I made a decent chunk of money off something that could have been the equivalent of me flushing money down the toilet.

20. I wish I would've tried harder in school and realized how important it was before i was in my senior year
    I regret skipping school everyday with my boyfriend just to have sex pretty much, speaking of that I also wish I would've waited a little longer before we did it.
    And staying with him after all the issues we've had
    I wish when I was a little younger I didn't get so angry or frustrated when my mom would ask me how my day was at school and what I had for lunch and who I sat next to,
    What was I so angry or annoyed for? She was just trying to be nice I guess. I also kind of wish I spent more time with my grandmother before she passed instead of avoiding going over there because she was a little crazy.