What are your priorities when looking for a good bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Pax Threepio, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Would love a bunch of lists of what a bong needs to have before you buy it, ex:

#1 Needs min 3" glass
    #2 Needs a percolator
    etc etc

2. Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I used to be big on bongs with one or more percs, honeycomb percs are my favorite since they are so simple and resilient. Now I've owned, used, broken, or lost so many bongs and other pieces that I'm hardly picky anymore. Something cheap and not too big is pretty much all I need.

4. 1- beaker ,at least 11 inches
    2- downstem has to go ALL the way down to the bottom, i hate unused space.
    3- downstem has to be of the new standard that has a 14mm hole for the bowl inside of the 18mm joint to make the bong smaller and more robust
    4- one of the new bowls that don't have outer walls on them, they are shaped like a Y instead of the regular bowls, i don't know how to explain better
    5- thick glass that is vividly colored but still very see-trough..

honestly i just described a bong i saw on a headshop downtown, i already own a bong and it is perfectly fine, but i can't stop thinking about that beaker and i can't find it online anywhere not even on dhgate

5. It absolutely needs to have percolation. Im building on a portable size bong (with 18.8mm joints) so what were both trying to achieve might be much different, but mine has a showerhead perc built into the bottom of the neck. I just ordered a tree perc downstem to increase water filtration and cooling. But the biggest upgrade will be when I install that dual hybrid ashcatcher from smoke cartel.

By the way, seriously, buy online not at a smokeshop. It will save you tons of money, though i still go in the local smokeshop here in San Marcos (S/O Marvelous Smoke. San Marcos, TX) for the experience and help they provide, and I always tip. But thats the thing I payed at least $30 too much on my bong from there but hey, its a good bong.

Heres a pic of my piece.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. i say the way it feels when you hit it. is it hard to hold.

7. The cheaper the bong, the more simple it needs to be. Glass beads are fucking awesome for diffusion and they clean easier then any perc ever created. When frozen before use they work like ice.

No longer then 24", no shorter then 12".

Thick. Glass.

Solid. Glass. Bowl.

It has to be possible for it to be cleaned without losing your shit in frustration.

Colored glass or shaded / darker glass won't show bong funk like clear glass will.

Never settle for a piece that isn't pretty much what you were looking for. You'll just end up buying something else later and shelving the other in it' sad mediocrity.

An ash catcher can go a long ass way to keeping your glass looking great and it can help your bong hit better.

I'm picky what can I say...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. made of Glass 20 inch long. The rest doesn't matter

9. I've had small, cheap bongs at first. I didn't know how good a nice, expensive bong felt like until my first one.
    The glass has to be thick. Also, it needs that little bottom glass thing. Kind of think of it like a coaster for your glass? It's the bottom glass coaster that kind of goes inward, making it easy to set right on your knee or thigh. Would need a few nice percolators so I can see the smoke going through. And also an ice catcher. it just really makes the smoke feel soooo smooth on your throat. If you have a bong like that, the experience is just so nice. But you'd want an ash catcher cuz getting ashes and bits stuck in those percolators is a bitch to clean.