What are you using to maintain heat in winter

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hi-Lo, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Been battling with my room getting a bit cool.
    Dropping to 58-60 at night and about 65-67 during the day. Any recommendations for any temp controlled space heaters ?.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Its 0 degrees calcius outside and my tent in my shed is sitting at 26c, i'm only using a 600 watt hps to heat it.

3. Oil filled heaters work best.

I use one in my room.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. You could use a thermastat and and oil-filled heater. Do not use anything like a fan heater that blows hot air.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ordered this and have an old space heater.
    I think I was way overthinking it

Thanks all 1575821000591.jpg Screenshot_20191208-105952_Amazon%20Shopping~2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. 400W HPS light keeps my closet around 86 degrees or 30 Celsius in winter.

7. Also just to add if there is a slight drop in temps, from what I've read a fluxuation at around 8.c (I'm UK so don't use. F) when lights off/night time doesn't hurt. Not saying that is gospel but that's just from the research that I've done. Open to criticism from anybody if this isn't correct

8. Your really on the limit with temps, I know with co2 supplementation u can let them go slightly higher but I'd try to drop a few degrees if u can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Also maybe invest in a fan speed controller with probe as this will also help regulate temps, you can have ur extractor ticking over when temps are low and when ur room reaches say for eg,. 29C it'll kick in at full power and exhaust some of the heat, then click back to tick over. I use one similar to this.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1