What are you using, LED Or HID

Discussion in 'General' started by nhansen907, Sep 28, 2016.

1. I currently am using HID. I see lots of talk on LED lights and not sure if I should try my next grow using LEDs. So I thought I try and get a head count to see what everyone else is using these days.

2. I use 2 Mars 300 led's in a 2.5x2.5x5 tent and grow 6 plants at a time.
    I get some good yields and I don't worry that much about heat build up since they run pretty cool.
    I have 1 6" vent fan for air intake and 1 4" vent fan for exhaust plus one small rotating fan inside the tent to circulate the air.
    My temps stay between 80 and 86 degrees which is perfect temps.
    Hope this helps with your decision.
    Peace

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks, i was actually just looking at those lights online earlier. They seem reasonably priced. I'm using a 1000w hps in a 4x2x7 tent with an carbon filter exhaust fan, and 2 small fans inside currently and heat is not an issue for me as it's stay between 70-80. I also have a cabinet for veg which is using a 600w mh light. And my thinking was to switch my veg area out with LED lights to maybe cut some cost it's worth it. Or just stick with the setup I have..

4. Hid's. Im gonna get a few LEC's for my next run to try out. I' e been hearing amazing things about LEC's.

5. Hm haven't heard of those, I'll have to look into them. Thanks