What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. I recommend Freakonomics as well.

2. Ends and Means by Aldous Huxley. Smart man.

3. [​IMG]

Richard Feynman's Lectures on Physics, aka the Bible of Physics. :laughing:

4. Best book I have ever read(fantasy/sci-fi Ender's Game is up there but this book takes the cake.)

If you have no read it yet I suggest you go buy it, it is only 3.99 for the first book.

Attached Files:

5. Right now, A Pure Drop. Biography on Jeff (and partly Tim) Buckley.

6. I just finished re-reading this

[​IMG]

Started

[​IMG]

7. ^^^That's one of my favorite books of all time, Invisible Monsters that is. I think it's his best book by far (thought I've only read about 4 or 5 of Chuck's books), way better than Fight Club, at least imo, I know a lot of people won't agree with me on that one.

8. Well first off I'm not one to ever read only read one book outside of school. But I needed some good horror ideas for my music, told my friend she recommended me some Stephen King books. So she gave me some. I picked the one that sounded most interesting so now I'm reading:

[​IMG]

Only 50 pages in and I dig it so far. Some sad shit so far. But I like it.

9. Just a suggestion if your looking for some good horror.

H.P. Lovecraft is a master of horror. Edgar Allan Poe is good too.

Stephen King called Lovecraft "the twentieth century's greatest practitioner of the classic horror tale."

Look up At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft and The Masque of the Red Death by Poe

10. Im reading 'Picture of Dorian Gray', stunning quotes, philosophies through the whole book

favorite book - ham on rye

11. Good call on Bukowski, man. One of the greatest authors of all time. At least in my mind. Ham on rye is my favorite book as well. Have you read any of his other books or poetry?

Finished Ask the dust a while ago, just started Wait until spring, Bandini

Both are by John Fante

12. There's a book by Jack Black (an author from the 20s, not the actor) called You Can't Win. You might like that if you like Bukowski and Fante.

Anyway hi everyone, this is what I'm currently reading and it's probably going to take me all summer to finish it:

[​IMG]

I'm really into the whole history thing.

13. #116 Tha Professor, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

14. I read his poetry quite a bit online and I just bought post office.

Ive been wanting to get Ask the dust for a long time now, but no bookstore has it. Same deal with 'Journey to the end of the Night' by Celine (another suggestion from bukowski).

15. dan simmons The Terror. it's a mindfuck. next to barker, rushdie, pynchon and the classic authors in quality.

16. Word. I couldn't find Fante or Celine at any bookstores/libraries either. So I grabbed their work on amazon.

I haven't read any of the celine yet though.

17. disposs.jpg

The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin