What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Because fuck it.
    20210430_183944.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. I like the Tao of Pooh. I am currently reading the complete works of HP Lovecraft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. #3363 greysol, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    The Hero and the Crown, by Robin McKinley. One of my favorite books, I wrote an essay and I found writing service here to help me with that task. They are pro in writing and proofreading. I think such services are great option for students.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Just Started IT by Stephen King...iff Y'all Dont Know this Isa Long AF Story.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Now Just Started Salems Lot By Stephen King...Another One of My Favs!

~Toni~

6. Harry potter

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I finished it!! And it didn't take 3 years, it took 8 months :coolalt:

I've started onto the fourth one - GoT: A Feast For Crows. I tend to read a lot more often in the winter time, so let's see how long this one takes to get through. It's less than 1000 pages so I reckon it'll be a piece of piss.

These books are fucking great, and I think my experience with them is enhanced having seen the show. It's cool to dive deeper with the lore and secondary characters through the novels, beyond what the series could encompass. On the other hand, the books become a lot to unpack all at once, so already having experienced the story helps move this incredibly slow reader along.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Now Just Reading Different Seasons By Stephen King. I Never Read This One Before but It Has 4 Different Stories in it One for Each Season lol :)

~Toni~

9. Now Just Started The Dream Catcher by Stephen King. Iono What This About tho I Never Read it.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. [​IMG]
    “Fifteen years ago…you led us out of the darkness. You commanded the greatest rescue armada in history. Then...the unimaginable. What did that cost you? Your faith. Your faith in us. Your faith in yourself. Tell us, why did you leave Starfleet, Admiral?”
    Machine written 'rubbish' that does put a nice angle on the life of Picard before the latest tv series of him, with much swearing that distracts
    I have to say that I was very disappointed by the first three episodes of STP. Mainly because I hadn't really the faintest idea what was going on. At this point I'm beginning to think that this book is a MUST READ before you even try watching the series, as it fills the watcher in with what went on to set the series up.

I have to say I was fortunate to buy this book because UM is quite simply the best Star Trek novelist out there, and it was because of her pedigree that I bought the book. I will now start watching the series again from episode 1

note to self this story ends as Picards 'Rememberence' S01E01 starts off

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Now Reading The Stand any Stephen King lol this The First One I Ever Read By Him too Years Ago My Dad Gave it to Me it was His First.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mr Nice.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. #3373 AngryPossum, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    The Day After Roswell. 5 Stars Non- Fiction

Former member of President Eisenhower’s National Security Council and the Foreign Technology Desk in the United States Army, Colonel Philip J. Corso was assigned to work at a strange crash site in Roswell in 1947. He had no idea that his work there would change his life and the course of history forever. Only in his fascinating memoir can you discover how he helped removed alien artifacts from the site and used them to help improve much of the technology the Army uses today, such as circuit chips, fiber optics, and more.

Laying bare the United States government’s shocking role in the Roswell incident—what was found, the cover-up, and more—The Day After Roswell is an extraordinary memoir that not only forces us to reconsider the past, but also our role in the universe.

Alien Technology that was recovered from the 2 UFO crashes, in New Mexico July 1947 that we use today, after it was finally backward engineered by major companies from Bell Labs. Dupont, G.E. and more. Must read!

s-l640 (2).jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. I’m reading a subforum called “What are you reading?” on a website called Grasscity.

Its ok - not very exciting though.

j

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. I’m actually reading “Diary of a Drug Fiend” by Alistair Crowley -

Born in 1875 and the book about the horrors of the poppy was published in 1922.

Highly recommended.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. I Reading Doctor Sleep By Stephen King Now. I Never Read this One Before So iono Whst it About But I am Excited tho.

~Toni~

17. it took me 3 years about 20 years ago to read, after 5 attempts
    I got it finished only to watch the movie 2 months later
    movie done in 2.15 mins
    but it was good to see I got the gist of what steven king was trying to say back then ...lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Currently I’m reading the Demon Slayer manga! I love the anime and the manga is really great for drilling the story into my brain.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Lol Why it Take You So Long? I Guess ima Fast Reader. Tho I Dont Fully Understand Some of What was Going on in That One TBH.

~Toni~

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I was still learning english, and discovered not knowing what was going on was 'normal' with king stories ....lol

• Creative Creative x 1