What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. EVERYBODY GO TO BARNES & NOBLE

2. Currently reading Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I’m up to book 5 “A Dance With Dragons”. I want to say the books are better than the show (as it is with most books and shows/movies alike). But the show is sooo damn good too. I wish I would of read the books before the show. Still can’t go wrong with either. If you haven’t checked out the show yet...you must be living under a rock. That’s all.

3. Leo Tolstoy - How Much Land Does a Man Need.

Although one of my dogs doesn't want me to read it as she's chewed one of the corners.

4. Although I appreciate Tolstoy...while reading him I have a tendency to want to yell "I get it! I get it!" as he pounds on the same point over and over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. First book of his I have, or will have, read. It's been on my desk a while and I keep rotating it under other stuff. For some reason I think it's going to be boring. I bought a load of these penguin classics off amazon for all under a pound. Some great books for cheap cheap cheap thus far. The only one I didnt like is William Blake Tyger Tyger, but poetry has always been boring to me. I'm a philistine it seems.

Will let you know how I find him as an author.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have not read the one you are. I have read Anna Karenina, War And Peace, and The Death of Ivan Ilyich and one other I think.
    Currently, reading some amazon prime free crime novel "A criminal defense" and the "Personal memoirs of U.S. Grant"

7. Just looked that one up, it's on Project Steve Gutenburg. Dam I love that site.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. image.jpg
    You know how we do

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've read these four books every january of the new year since i was 23:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

recommend the first three to any young man, and the last to any one

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. The Crooked Staircase(a Jane Hawk novel) by Dean Koontz.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Breakers Series on amazon Kindle.

just epic and something special -

there is a bit of Walt Lawson in all of us.

13. The Enterprise of Death by Jesse Bullington

• Like Like x 1
  14. just textbooks, lately
    <_<

15. [​IMG]

might abandon it tho, its not what i expected at all

[​IMG]

bad ass so far, political murder-thriller-something else in the future with intriguing characters. Ben Reich is a scary man

[​IMG]

horrifying post apoc short story, recommend this to people who like books that lose you sleep

• Like Like x 2
  16. You should pick up some Laird Barron.

17. Sell me, and recommend me one of his books?

18. #3059 Bravedave, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Barron's mind goes places that you should be afraid to follow. Both Occultation and The Imago Sequence are filled with some dark and amazing short stories. He has a few novels too...but I would start with these.

• Informative Informative x 1