What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Phillip K Dick - A Scanner Darkly.

I used to read a lot as a kid, until my parents gave me a game boy with Pokemon as my first game. Fell in love with that and would only read the school assignment books or the Harry Potter books. When I got hooked on Man in the High Castle, I tried to find the book at my local used book store but it was not in stock. Landed on this one and it is good. I'm waiting on my current grow to finish up so I can have myself a bowl of Pineapple Express and jump headfirst into the wonderful world that I left behind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. #2982 jerry111165, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Hi Mac - I actually feel the same way about reading from a laptop - but I plug my iPhone into my audio jack in the car and by drawing two fingers down the page the iPhone reads the book to me - and you can download a mess of different voices to suit your fancy.i listen to hundreds of books this way - my drive to work from the backwoods to the Big City takes me like an hour and 20 minutes each way. I got tired of the radio long, long time ago.

Either way you read it though - lemme know.

If you run into “Islands in the Stream”, please go for it.

Peace

J

• Like Like x 2
  3. ok mate i'll let you know ,,,....mac,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sourdough by Robin Sloan

5. Medical studies......... what else? :coffee: This one on non-psychoactive hemp oil was interesting-

Cannabis Essential Oil: A Preliminary Study for the Evaluation of the Brain Effects
    (full – 2018) https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2018/1709182/

Those smelly terpines are important to the high! :GettingStoned:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I am having Siri read to me (on my iPhone) The Complete Short Stories Of Ernest Hemingway in Epub format through my cars stereo speakers via Bluetooth device.

I drive 65 miles each way to and from work - and also drive quite a bit throughout the day checking on crews at various jobsites - so I drive a lot. I love to read; hate radio stations and commercials so this works great for me.

J

• Like Like x 1
  7. Huge Hemingway fan. Loved Islands in the Stream. I always thought a rum runner movie would be great! I have read almost everything he wrote and even have a cat named Hemingway.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I’m not sure why but for some reason some folks don’t get Hemingway - it seems you either love it or not Although I guess it’s like that with any author. There’s so many fantastic books… I mean really, really, great books - from war to fishing huge trout - or giant Marlin - and hunting in Africa or drinking in Paris, bullfights in Spain...

Holy shit there is so much great work by him.

J

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Blown away by this! Thank you

10. I smoked the Old Testaments

11. It works super.

If you have an iPhone you can draw two fingers down any page you’re on and it will read the text to you. I find Epub files work best but PDF works good too.

J

12. I have to be completely honest. I am so high right now that when I read the title, for a second, I thought it was a book on talking to people when you are really high! I was like, "I could have wrote this book!".

All I wanted to see was talk and high on the cover!
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1