What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. I'm reading now Erich Maria Remarque "Shadows in Paradise"

2. Pepys - His Life and Character by John Drinkwater

Samuel Pepys (1633-1703) was an administrator of the navy of England who is most widely known for the detailed and fascinating diary that he kept. He writes about the food that he eats, the plays that he sees, the affairs that he has, his bank account, etc. He also wrote in great detail about the Great Plague of London and the Great Fire of London.

This book is not the diary verbatim, but large excerpts are taken to help form a biography of Pepys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anubis Gates by Tim Powers

4. Listening to the audiobook....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shambhala The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chogyam Trungpa- every kid could read this, should be in all schools
    ayurvedic recipe and lifestyle books

6. I want to read "a scanner darkly"

7. Another audiobook
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh...This is my favorite book.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Friends Of The Family

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Skag boys Erving Welch

• Like Like x 1
  11. I haven't read a book in 4-5 years last one I read was I Am Ozzy (Ozzy Osbourne's book)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Meditations- Marcus Aurelius. Changed my life and perspective on almost everything. Every time I read it I discover something new

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. [​IMG]

'Could you show me a djinn?' I asked. 'Certainly,' replied the Sufi. 'But you would run away.' From the author of the Samuel Johnson prize shortlisted 'The Return of a King', this is William Dalrymple's captivating memoir of a year spent in Delhi, a city watched over and protected by the mischievous invisible djinns. Lodging with the beady-eyed Mrs Puri and encountering an extraordinary array of characters - from elusive eunuchs to the last remnants of the Raj - William Dalrymple comes to know the bewildering city intimately. He pursues Delhi's interlacing layers of history along narrow alleys and broad boulevards, brilliantly conveying its intoxicating mix of mysticism and mayhem. 'City of Djinns' is an astonishing and sensitive portrait of a city, and confirms William Dalrymple as one of the most compelling explorers of India's past and present.

14. Hard to read but I'm almost done so meh
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Currently reading Farewell to Arms. The book seems like one long run on sentence

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Read the blurb. Sounds... Intense. :hide: :biggrin: