What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. same, ill renew it till i finish. i'm on chapter 14 now "People of the Serpent"

2. If you ever feel the compulsion, check out some of Joe Rogan podcasts with Hancock, it may help you appreciate the book.

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/?search=Hancock

3. yeah definitely and the precision they were able to execute without modern tools really makes you wonder. the world goes back too far for humans to now be dictated to by any religion or politics or for us to be controlled through shame or fear of eternal fire. we really know nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. shot. ill youtube it.

5. Yea he is continuing the work of others going to Plato and before. Essentially bringing modern discoveries and research into the light of belief that humanity once reached great heights.

The gross part is the scientists ignoring or suppressing these things. As strange or uncomfortable as they may be, we must seek truth not validation of a belief system.

6. I can abide by that. It should be noted that the series is ridiculously, extra ridiculously looooong. Like 14 full length novels long. Amazing though!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Latest read was 'D-Day Through German Eyes'. Basically it was interviews with Wehrmacht soldiers that experienced D-Day and lived to tell about it. These interviews were done in 1955 and have only recently been published.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BEST fantasy novels i've EVER read! i love 'em. i read them over and over. got 'em all on my bookshelf :) my third set too!

9. I read this too and found it fascinating, kind of hard to stomach it's so brutal, but still worth a read. There's also a part two.

10. Working my way through the Harry Potter series again

I've only read them each once, on the first one now I'm at the sorting hat chapter

Been like 15 years since I read this one... Really cool seeing the foreshadowing and just the wonderfully complete world Rowling created from page 1

I just read a chapter before bed here and there when I'm not super tired. Gonna enjoy this ride :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. my main problem is that in the first 14 chapters the gods seem to be white. which is strange and doesn't make sense to me. honestly speaking it irritates me.

12. You mean the gods some of the ancients believed in?

13. y
    yeah

14. You cant blame the messenger though.

15. The Buddha Walks into the Office.

Extremely shallow, very transient, view and writing on the value of Buddhism in the modern workplace. The author has made some decent analysis of core buddhist topics but a lot of the book seemed written as if to fill a quota on pages or something. Won't be reading another book from the guy that wrote this one but he's led me to some other topics of interest on the subject.

16. Just finished listening to "NOS4A2", by Joe Hill. If you like creepy, scary stories.. GET. THIS. BOOK!! It's a total trip.