What are you reading!?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Dryice, Mar 13, 2010.

1. The Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis . But I am a bit disappointed already. It's only about sex and drugs

2. [​IMG]

It's about a grumpy old dude. It's fantastic. Unlike anything I've read before, I've sat in the canteen by myself laughing and then crying over it. Love it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Just finished John Steinbeck Tortilla Flat. There was a film version made in the 'fourties, but I think it should be readdressed as a modern project. Sad and funny and wise.

5. I've got my fingers in a few novels/short stories at the moment....took a pause to ogle these for a bit...ahhhhh, sweet nostalgia and beloved archetypes meld within the whimsical and fuzzy parts of us....

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

^ I gazed into this poster as a child....Earl Norem's stuff is a world unto itself....

:bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion

7. hahaha comic readin ass hippie

mofukkin wierd ending right?!? danny goes crazy and in a battle rage leaps to his death in the gulch WTF

8. The Good Master written and illustrated by Kate Seredy. As enchanting as when I read it as a kid.

9. Discipline and punish- Michel Foucault

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm reading The Twelve by Justin Cronin. It's the sequel to The Passage, and is book #2 in a trilogy. Pretty cool story.

11. Eat Complete by Drew Ramsey,MD. A psychiatrist who realized the importance of diet in his patients' treatment.
    Focused on nutrients important for brain health/development. Apparently symptoms of psychosis, such as hearing voices, can manifest from nutrient deficiency. Leafy greens, or antipsychotic pills? Tough decision, doc.

12. What a novel -

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. I am looking to read "Of Mice and Men" Fucking need to read it over the summer. Its not that bad, reading while stoned takes you to a whole other dimension.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1