What are you all good at?

Discussion in 'General' started by suicidebonger, Jan 15, 2014.

1. I'm good at music and writing.

2. [​IMG]

Seriously though I am really good at arguing both sides of an argument. If I am given a topic I can come up with many good points for both sides. For example in my essentials of argumentation class there was a debate on whether child beauty pagents should be legal or not.

Nobody knew any points on how to argue for them. I immediately came up with the argument that our society is so vain, vapid and judgmental that teaching little girls how to be pretty and confident was actually a huge benefit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #23 Cawdswallup, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
     I do so well at lying and manipulating that it frightens me.  

Oh, I'm alright on a board with wheels as well. 
    I can shoot lots of people accurately and efficiently in a virtual word. 
    I excel in reading.

I don't know.. I'm tired but I'm sure if I was well rested I could fire off a number of others things I do well. 
    Ask people what they are bad at and ask them how they came to that realization and I bet you would get some interesting results. 

4. Is feeding a monster a benefit? 

Beauty pageant girls from my understanding will spend a majority of their waking time in the company of vain, judgmental people and in doing so, become one themselves. I might be wildly inaccurate but oh well. 

5. I'm good at a few things but what i do i do very well.

StarCraft
    Driving
    Shooting
    Debating
    Fucking

That's it

6. I'm into too much shit to list lol. I like to do everything and I am my own worst critic so I expect perfection.

7. Im actually pretty fucking amazing at pokemon like i do think im one of the best players on the east coast

• Like Like x 1
  8. Horse back riding. English and western. English for jumping and shows western for casual riding and trails. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Counting moneySent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #30 My Username, Jan 15, 2014

Beauty pageants expose children to this at a young age. Whether they are repelled or attracted is up to their parents, genetics and psycho-social environment.

I see what the blade with the sexy ass avatar is saying.. I too argue both sides of everything Because, I do not really have opinions to begin with. I am really good at seeing other peoples points of view and just expanding on them and showing them more of what they want to hear. I do not consciously try to do this; I naturally look for ques to understand people and naturally give them more of what they desire (as long as it isn't too much of a commitment.. risk/reward you know). People get attached to you this way, which can be annoying, but you are a god in their eyes  o.0

This is how I live and how I feed my ego. This is part of the reason why I like to spend time alone. People can be beneficial when they respect you, but putting in the painful time to understand them and mirror back their perceptions is draining. 

Oh, and I am best at acting, math and music.

11. I'm not attacking you. 

I wanted to say that first. 
    Feel like it needs to be clarified. 
    "Whether they are repelled or attracted is up to their parents, genetics and psycho-social environment."

I disagree, to some extent.
    I'm attracted to many things not deemed normal or acceptable by many people I know. 
    My father for instance is a horribly bigoted man with an outrageous view on gay rights and minorities, outwardly speaks on women with short hair as "not women" and "need to grow some fucking hair" Where as I am quite the opposite in virtually every aspect. 

I don't think parents really have much to do with the decision their child takes in having interest in certain things. Whether that child makes those things known publicly can and usually does depend on the parents though. 

It really depends on the family. Either way, genes and your environment play a role as well.

All I am trying to say, is pageants are an extremely controversial part of our society, and there is no correct way to view such controversial things.

Everyone has their own unique opinion that was created through both nature and nurture. You obviously are more effected by nature, it seems. For some it is the other way.

13. Guitar, piano, saxophone, bass, soccer, and being nice

14. May I ask what has brought you to the conclusion that I am 'obviously more effected by nature' and if you would be so kind as to elaborate I would appreciate that. 

Your whole post was arguing the point that you and people you are close to, specifically your father, have differing views. 

It seems like you are more a product of your environment than of your parents.

But how the fuck would I know? I am making a huge assumption. That is just what it seems like you are saying in your post.

16. I ride bicycles.

• Like Like x 2
    I do not believe I am a product of my environment simply because, by my observation I am quite unlike most others in my immediate environment. 
    I think if this statement rang true then I would more or less be a horribly bigoted man. 

18. Without a seat?

19. #39 My Username, Jan 15, 2014

You are obviously an alien then.. no connection to anything whatsoever

Just spawned in a pool of gasoline 

20. [quote name="codswallop" post="19345539" timestamp="1389805589"]Without a seat?[/quote]How did you know I ride trials?Good guess lol, bike trials is like the least known bike sport there is.Some of my bikes have seats: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389805770.490345.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389805863.030206.jpg Some don't: ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389805959.972014.jpg

• Like Like x 1