What are we waiting for?!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by afhottieprep, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Man, lets all get off our asses and march to the capitol to legalize weed! Every potsmoker and non-potsmoker who support green should march to the capitol like the blacks did. I mean, I dont see anything going on right now..sure, i see that senators in the 11 states are attempting or have already legalized medical marijuana.... I mean, come on! we can do better than that. We just gotta march for what we believe in!

If we marched to the capitol...we are bound to be on the news everywhere. People all over the U.S. and the world will see that marijuana is not harmful. Why? because million of people smoke pot. People can give speeches on why pot is not harmful and that it could be suitable for everyone above the age 18, if they choose to smoke it.

We, the people, have the right to voice our opinions and have a say that marijuana should be legalize. It'll help save money from taxpayers having to pay billions of dollars lost from people being arrested in possession of it, or college students are being kicked out of school for a year or 2 just for smoking or have marijuana in their possession. This could help save us money..the government wouldn't have to worry about marijuana and focus more on the world like the border protection agency, global warming, other hardcore drugs like meth, herion and crack (sorry if i rant on about this but it's just my opinion).

It is the people's right to have marijuana in their lifestyle because there have been studies that marijuana is not harmful. The Government is just too damn scared to admit that marijuana isn't dangerous. I think the people that run the government are the flowerchildren and people who have smoked pot in the 60's and 70s. What happened to 1960's on-going events? they were quite open about it back then..no one actually cared who was smoking pot because it was a good drug. I noticed that everyone today in the present, are still smoking pot anyway. So we all should gather up folks and indicate a march/protest to the captiol or anywhere that will get news!

I just feel like I wanna get up and fight for legalizing marijuana... we just need the right people (senators of the house and federal government to make the right choice like treating it as a tax paying law or people up to 18+ allowed to smoke) I'm just FIRING UP at the moment...:hello:

Does anyone feel this way? What are some things we can do to get our voices heard that marijuana should be legalize? WE HAVE got to stop the madness and legalize the HERB!

2. Wouldn't it be nice if people actually listened to us...?

3. sounds good, im down

4. awsome..lets think of some things we can get the word out that we need to legalize weed? the pro marijuana government (such as some senators that are for legalizing marijuana), also WE the people who smoke weed, saying that its not harmful and its not even dangerous comparing to alcholol and tabacco. WE are the ones who GOT to get up and fight and let the people know about it. We aren't doing it because we're too stoned to do anything abt it LOL :D that's so funny! (sorry i'm high) :smoking:

hmm we could start a BIG petition all over the US..and if we get a LOT of votes..probably to a million..that'll make the government realize that pot is not dangerous b/c if 1 million ppl signed the petition, then that'll cause a controversy to decide for once if marijuana should be legalize or not..it'll get more people to start up a 'hot topic about it. Sure legalizing medical marjiuana is cool..im glad for it! but, what about us stoners who won't get weed since medical marijuana is legalized? That's the reason I'm saying...is that we need to get up and take action ourselves because WE have to work hard at it if we want it to get legalize..and its not gonna take some small simple work to do that. We'll continue to go to jail and taxpayers' money are lost due to massive arrests and trails/courts, jail time.

The Solution to our answer? (this is in my own opinion/ideas)
    We could legalize weed in a way where people who can grow in the back of stores and sell different kinds of weed/herb/hashish. It just like a small business..like the owner is making money as a regular store owner would. I think that's the best way to do. they can sell it only up to 18+ of the age. Just like beer only the beer age is 18-21 up in some states... Kids dont need to smoke early at their age. But if they do anyway, then their brothers/sisters/cousins can give them a hit...just my opinions..im gonna stop right there.

But anyway I mean...it's RIDICLIOUS! we need to let the government know that they can do better than that! What do ya'll think?

5. Non-violent protests like that Martin Luther King guy did. Like we could organize rallys in our towns to sit infront of government offices and have cheif circles every day.

6. I say we raid medical marijuana places with heavy arms, take what we want!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOT *throws up fist*

nah just kiddin, the us wont do it, taxes, etc. Its not gonna happen anytime soon, but shit ill march if its a buncha stoners

7. I wish our government would just switch MJ laws with tobacco. Win/win situation: Us stoners get legal bud, government gets tax money. Yay for everyone!

8. agreed

9. i second that