what are we doing

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by windchime159, Oct 16, 2010.

1. stop for a second. stop thinking with the pattern in which your atuned

why are you doing all this shit? why do you do all the things you do? what compells you? can you find real reasons? or to the reasons just wind up like a spiral into the clouds intil your lost and cannot figure a thing

what is the point of all you do , there is no point , why are you doin git? that i cannot figure out

peace:smoke::smoke:

2. our purpose is to contact aliens;)

3. Maybe we're not supposed to know our purpose at this point in time. Maybe life is like one of those game show shopping sprees where all you get is a cart in a grocery store and 2 minutes to grab everything you can or think you'll need, except the groceries in this store is experience and not mac and cheese.

4. The point is to find what makes me happy, and what will allow for my continuing happiness

5. I believe that the nature of humans is projected on driving us to perpetuate life through a society within' a community.

6. I am feeling.

7. i think the best thing is to teach the young truths. give them better education system. teach them about love and peace. no more crazy peoples, live together almost as one. blah blah

8. we put so much time and effort into our being building up fabrications that make up our lives , yet they are the things that bind us to what we live off of

like even myself , why am i doing all this shit? why did i put on my nice cloths for work , why am i going to work , why do i need money , why do i need things? why do i need a place to keep them? why do i need internet , why do i need to be social why do i need fudge , why did i order that pizza , why do i fucking care so damn much?

of course the practical answer is that its just human nature and its how humans function

but if you try to trace back your reasoning and your logic to all the motivations that move you to do things it will endlessly take you back to nothingness.

but does it end there?..

9. Think how you're experiencing all of this. Through your five senses. You can feel your new clothes on, you can smell that pizza. But what are the senses? Just electrical signals in your brain. That's all it is. In your mind. Those clothes are not only ON you, but WITHIN you as well. We interperate everything back center of our brain. Sight, taste, feel, etc. So when you're in a room, you're not only within the room, but the room's within you. You will never have REAL contact with REAL reality, because it's all in your head in the first place.

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpk1c_R1t-M]YouTube - Atmosphere - Sad Clown[/ame]

Just had to post that.

Fucking life man, fucking life.

11. I just do it, like Nike.

No but seriously, no idea. I do it for God, for my family. For myself. For the future. I don't even know why I do what I do. I think of this all the time and just try to stay determined for faith, hope, and life itself.

12. Aside from all the material bullshit life brings, there is more beauty in life than one can experience in a life time. So question, explore, interpret and perceive, believe... until you can no longer breathe.

13. #13 AresKenux, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010

Why? Because my body is from the earth. And my mind was given through energy. The purest energy is all intellect. It is what makes our life,. We are formed by mud, but our life comes from air and fire. It was fate, that we would be able to feel, and think, and in what way we do so. Apparently, we all use these modes for processing life.
    Linear, Holistic, Sequential, Random, Symbolic, Concrete, Logical, Intuitive, Verbal, Nonverbal, Reality-based, Fantasy-oriented. The Highest of us, lean more toward the spirit, and are good, the lowest of us, lean more toward the flesh, and are evil,

The point of existence, is to exist. But one can find salvation through the nonverbal sensation of "everything is meaningless".

14. i want to go sailing

and i want to help people

15. yes yes yes , void is form form is void , if you want to be given eveything give eveything up , sell all of your possession and leave your life and follow me and receive eternal life

thats what i mean thou , we do so much shit.... just why? why do i have to be listining to this song right now , why am i IMing somone , why am i drinking ice tea , why did i wear pants today

so much shit that contrary to our instinct flat out just does not matter. weird thought

16. we want solitude within. will good luck with that, this world is mental. believe me. god is nuts and loving

17. Oh yeah, I forgot about this thread...

I read it yesterday and I thought,

"What a good question to ask myself from time to time... what am I doing?"

18. lol right right!

its kinda funny how stupid all the things you do seem when you take 2 steps back and look at yourself

19. this is what i struggle with every day...

20. We are all on the pursuit of happiness. Some find it, many don't. But that doesn't stop us, the pursuit only ends when we're six feet beneath the ground.