Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What are ways to tell if it is mold?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Free Karl, Apr 9, 2014.

1. #1 Free Karl, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    I've recently suspected that my weed has grown mold. Its not extremely obvious like it is covered with web-like material or that it has grey/white fluff on it.

Are there definite ways to test for mold? I've read that it can be detected with a black light but i don't have access to that and another method to test for it would be to blow on the bud to see if there are any spores which I tried and did not see anything flying off of it. I've also read about it having a funny taste/smell but tbh, I wouldn't be able to tell.

Is there a test to check for mold or a way to accelerate it's growth if it already has mold? Reading all about it online has gotten me all paranoid =X. Please help!

2. post a picture of it. no way to tell you. smell it , if it smells like a musky basement it's mold. wouldn't risk smoking it if it had that smell. 

3. Can someone read this and tell me if it would work?

" Bob:
    “C or F”?
    REALLY???
    No science student– or even a sci-fi fan– could make such a mistake:
    300 degrees Celsius would be 572 degrees Fahrenheit, and thanks to Ray Bradbury, we all know that the ignition point of paper is “Fahreneit 451″!
    So even if you DID have a pottery kiln which you sometimes used to heat up your TV dinners– the instant you exposed your pot to those temps, it would burst into flames!
    Of course, that WOULD eliminate your mold problem…

But SPREAD THE NEWS, FOLKS:
    I have discovered a better remedy than heat–
    EXTREME COLD FROM A GAS DUSTER WILL ELIMINATE THE MOLD ON YOUR MARIJUANA!!!
    That's right: one of those cans you clean your keyboard with!
    And it will not only kill the mold– it will destroy the spores which are causing the odor!!!
    Best of all: when done properly, IT IS HARMLESS!

From Wikipedia:
    Despite the name “canned air,” the cans actually contain gases that are much easier to compress into liquids, such as difluoroethane, trifluoroethane, or tetrafluoroethane. Hydrocarbons, like butane, were often used in the past, but their flammability forced manufacturers to use fluorocarbons….since gas dusters are one of the many inhalants that can be easily abused, many manufacturers have added a bittering agent to deter people from inhaling the product.
    The gas comes out of the can at about 20 DEGREES BELOW ZERO (that's Fahrenheit, Bob)– and that blast of cold, dry air crystallizes the mold spores on contact. Plus, the fluorocarbons kill any remaining mold hiding deeper between the buds.

Here's how I did it when I discovered mold on an LB I left sealed up too long:
    I cut the moldy pot off the surface (saving it into a separate container), then busted up the rest of the chunks and placed them inside a large plastic coffee can. I then took my keyboard duster, inverted it and stuck the straw into a crack of the lid of the coffee can and gave a couple of one-second bursts. Open the lid, rotate the can slightly, and repeat; shake can to increase exposure, and repeat entire process.
    I then spread the entire mass into a porous container and let it air out overnight.
    Next morning, ALL BUT THE FAINTEST TRACE OF MOLD ODOR WAS GONE!
    LB saved…FOR ABOUT $5!!! "

4. Well I wouldn't really know what a musky basement smells like. But it smells kind of like lemony cleaning agent.
    I don't have a good camera so the best pictures I could get were the ones in a thread I made earlier. Its just a bit of white spots that is kind of hard to tell in the photo.

http://forum.grasscity.com/general/1295246-mold.html

DON'T LISTEN TO THAT. Air duster is poison!!! derived from fluoride which was used as rat poison in the old day's. health risk's are not worth it. I HOPE YOUR NOT GIVING THAT BUD TO OTHER's , that is just MESSED up. that's why i hate the black market because there are clueless , ignorant , and greedy people like you. Vote Legal weed so JERKS like this don't poison a healing plant. 

If it's white spot's it's mold. picture quality is not zoo good so i can't tell visually. you need to take a macro shot with a good camera. but if your not sure i would't smoke it. mold contains mycotoxins which are toxic to human health. 

7. I didn't do that, that's why I put it in quotes.

Thank god , got me scared there LoL.  :eek:
    never know now a day's

9. Sounds like it could be spider mites too

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #10 bulldog307, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    hey guys I wanted to know if this is mold on my buds they have been getting some white stuff some of them lately.

Attached Files:

• wd.png
      wd.png
      File size:
      4.7 MB
      Views:
  11. yes. that looks fken disgusting weed