What are these pests?! HELP!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by persephonedreamqueen, Jul 27, 2019.

1. #1 persephonedreamqueen, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    thread deleted

2. Aphids I'd say?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Aphids. You'd better get them under control fast. Neem and or insecticidal soap.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ladybugs and ladybug larvaes eat them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #5 mactheman, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    yep aphids ,,but the first picture are eggs from maybe moth or butterfly that hatch out in to caterpillars take the leaf off and burn it or crush them ,,mac,

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The first picture is moth eggs and the rest are aphids. Both are bad. I had a bad aphid infestation so I bought some unscented dish soap and some cayenne powder (if you have a Dollar Tree close by cayenne powder is only $1 there, otherwise it's like $5+ everywhere else).

I use a 4 gallon backpack sprayer and mix 3-4 tablespoons of dish soap and 2-3 tablespoons cayenne powder in it with water. Wait until sundown and give them a good soaking. It's basically a home made mostly organic pesticide that kills the fuck out of aphids. Two or three applications and they're toast.

As far as the moth eggs, just hunt for the eggs, remove the finger they're on, and keep a close eye out for caterpillars. Just look for chomped on leaves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The aphid eggs look kind of like the aphids but smaller and with no legs. Little translucent white dots under the leaves but they typically are spread out and not in a bunch.

And if you see these black and orange bugs they're lady bug larvae. The cayenne powder won't harm them and they eat a shitload of aphids. IMG_20190711_081748.jpg

And this is what they look like when they're molting into ladybugs. Don't kill or remove them if possible.
    IMG_20190711_075747.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for all the great info! I sprayed the plants with a dishsoap and neem oil mixture! Gonna go to the local grow shop tomorrow for some lady bugs and to see what they'd recommend using.