What are these little white spots on my leaf?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by YoungJoe, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Can sum1 help please.. My plant woke up today with these little white spots on this one leaf. Iv never seen this before..
    Please help...

2. My bad.. Here is the picture..

Attached Files:

3. Can you get a better picture, it could be spider mites. Look on the underside of the leaf do you see small little things moving about then it's spider mites, to get rid of them use neem oil.

[​IMG]

4. Yep probably spider mites or some type of bug. That's minimal damage though. Do like skunky says and get some neem oil and spray them every couple days for a week or two and that should take care of it before flowering really sets in.

5. Neem stinks! And it can flavor your buds! :p

I use a very old fashioned method- insecticidal soaps! It dries on the bugs and they die! The bugs have no immunity to it, and there's no poisons on your plants! I like Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap- detergents do NOT work- you need a castile soap! Here's an article I grabbed about it.

How to Get Rid of Spider Mites on Houseplants How to Get Rid of Spider Mites on Houseplants, Page 2 of 2 - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

After I spray, I let it dry for a day and then rinse with warm clean water. The soap rinses off, falls to the dirt and is happily eaten by the soil bacteria. Wait a day or two (no longer!) then repeat.

Any eggs that were well hidden from the spray should have hatched, but not bred by then! Mites can go from egg to breeding in 3 days in warm conditions. Try to cool off your grow to slow down their reproductive rate!

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. soap all the way

7. Neem oil also has a negative effect on the bee population. Dr. Bronner's is the shit.,

8. Neem won't effect the flavor of the buds if used in veg. I wouldn't spray anything on my plants in flower, so the flavor it is a non issue. Most insecticides bother bees. Neem is about as natural as you can get.

9. But I do like insecticidal soap too. I'm not knocking that. They just don't carry it for some reason at the store I go to, so I use neem. I think they're both good options.

10. Oils will clog your plants pores on its leaves giving it a hard time breathing (taking in CO2 &letting out O2) thats why I like to use soaps and other non oil based sprays.

11. Thanks a lot u guys... This really helped.. #ThankGod4GC

12. You mix the oil in low concentration with water. If you look at my grow log I don't think you'd say any of my plants look like they have clogged pours (or anything wrong with them for that matter). I've never seen so much neem bashing in my life. It's what a lot respected growers use (including the owners of my fav canna club). Nothing wrong with it.

13. Garlic and onion trimmings boiled works like a treat.

14. Since it's outdoors, you can also release some Ladybugs........they're a measure of control, but not complete eradication.

chunk

15. I agree there is nothing wrong with it, I just dislike the residue it leaves and the fact you have to spray the leaves with cold water to unclog the pores. It also is not as direct for cetain bugs as other products, yet it is organic. Like you said nothing wrong with it if used correctly :smoke:

• Like Like x 1