What are these ball looking things? In flower of my first grow need help.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Newbie34, May 17, 2017.

1. I just noticed these ball type thugs forming on my bud. Is this normal bud production or what I don't believe they look like pollen sacs but then again I have no clue.

Attached Files:

2. Your pics aren't really clear enough. Back away from them plant and take them again. If you get too close, the flash combined with the lens on the camera blur the shot. But from what I can tell, it looks like seed pods. If it is and you have other plants in flower along with this one, you might want to get the male out before it pollinates the others. TWW

3. I'll try to get better pics once in off.

4. Pretty sure it's a male though, but sometimes the buds will swell toward the end of the flower cycle when they're most mature, and it will look almost like seed pods. You can squash one between your fingers and see what happens. If it's seeds, it'll be obvious. If you do have a male, you'll definitely want to remove it from other plants before the pollen sacs burst open. Hope it's not! Invest in some feminized seeds (not autos) and you can develop a perpetual grow by cloning to replace your flower room. But give it another try if it is a male. The more you grow, the better you get at it. TWW

5. They look like they could be swollen Calyx's.

Better pics would help.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ^^^ agree with Blix, bad pics and Foxtails.

7. Looks like bud to me

8. Any better

Attached Files:

9. just the calyx's on the bud starting to swell up. normal. looks quite nice actually

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Yep - starting to bud out for you.

11. 100% sure guys?

12. Yes already. We know what Calyx's look like.

Trust us.

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. I just want to reassure myself. I was so bummed I thought I had a hermie. Thanks for the help guys.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Like white widow said, squeeze one of them. You should be able to feel a seed if it's in there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I took one of my lower buds off that wasn't getting much light. Picked out the ball and squeezed it. It had some type of juice or liquid in it I didn't see anything that resembled a seed really.

16. Could anyone tell me how much longer they think it'll be till harvest just by looking at them? My harvest date is June 14th but not sure how to tell if that'll be to soon or to late. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

17. That's what i thought then to be too. But I'm being told they're calyxs so I guess I'll wait it out

18. Yeah calyxes are the parts that produce the seeds lol.

They split at the seam when they get pollinated. Have a feel of them do they feel hard or squishy?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app