What are the origins of life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by mushroomsatsuji, Oct 30, 2010.

1. How did life on Earth start? There must be at least one source where biological matter was created. What was Earth like before life began?

Earth is the only place we know that harbors life, but why is this? One theory says that it came from an asteroid that hit our planet long ago but how did life survive on it, especially when the impact should destroy any life on it?

What was the first plant to grow? What was the first living being in history?

2. I would put my guess on the very essence of our being.

Water.

Didn't they prove the asteroid theory to be false?

3. Think about the very core of Earth as a nucleus.

4. How life started: Abiogenesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Earth was a very violent place. Volcano eruptions, comet impacts, etc. Did you know the moon formed from Earth? It has been discovered that materials from early Earth were found on the moon. The best explanation is that a huge comet hit the Earth, particles off Earth went into orbit, and through accretion, formed the moon.

The first, and most important plant, the evergreen tree. :D

5. this guy is high as hell

6. I think evidence points to abiogenesis. It's not even that complex...

7. we only know about a tiny fraction of rocky planets, in our "vicinity"

8. The hubble space telescope viewed intently upon a dark speck of night sky for two weeks. the result... there were millions of solar systems just like our own within our known universe. this result from a dark spot in the sky that they determined was null and void of any life...

it is such a big place, we must be all there is.. What?

and go inward, it is infinite that way as well, the macro and the micro

9. This raises another question. How does it so happen that the particles that dislodged from the earth to form our satellite the moon was just enough to create an accurate size to distance proportion to our sun?

10. Proportion of gravitational pull? I'm not too sure, but something like that.

The moon in its early life was closer to the Earth than it is now.

11. There also was no life then. Life as we know it evolved as the proportions of moon to sun became closer to equivalency.