Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What are the odds that my "AK-47" is the same as yours?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OldManDave, Dec 13, 2012.

1. I purchased my product at a local MMJ dispensary here in WA state. They usually carry about 10 strains at a time, but unfortunately it's hard to get the same things two months in a row (probably the growers are limited in output here).

I've noticed that they will call a strain "AK-47", and I've seen that name on the threads here. I know a dealer can call any strain anything they want, but maybe dispensaries are more honest (even if they're dependant on the growers to identify the strain).

Being somewhat of a noob, I'm wondering if genetic strains are well-established enough that an AK-47 plant on the west coast is the same as an AK-47 on the east coast.

2. Well depends by what to mean as the same. If you mean to say are they from the same grower? No. Lots of red zones to pass in order to get your product from the west to east or vice versa. Is it the same genetics? Quite possibly but again that will depend on where they got the seeds from.

3. Is a German shepherd in Oregon the same as a German shepherd in Connecticut?

4. Same strain? Most likely if obtained from dispensaries.

However, that doesn't mean they'll look, smell or taste the same. Those things are derived from growing and curing processes, not only the strain itself.

5. If you smoke enough of that stuff, eventually you wont give a fuck what its called. As long as it get you high, thats all that matters.

6. I didn't know the grow/prep was so important. So even if they were from the same batch of seeds, the experience from .25g of it here could well be different than the same amount somewhere else? Makes sense.

7. i think names dont count. but then again who am i

8. Growing strong top shelf cannabis isn't in the genetics alone. Just like growing any veggie in a garden , the ones watered and fertilized will be better then the ones just watered.