Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What are the best things to eat/drink/do to increase the effect of a high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Sc0pe, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Does working out before you smoke have any effect? hanging upside down? whatever works id like to know

2. eat a mango

disclaimer: make sure you aren't allergic to them beforehand. I had to learn this the hard way, after eating an entire mango. 

3. I'm usually drinking tea or ingesting something mango-related every time I'm smoking.  :hello: 

Sometimes I'll eat something rich in omega-3 like some chia seeds, or a fish oil capsule. Hemp oil works great too.  :metal:

4. eating shit and drinking piss

just joking, I heard that eating a mango before and after smoking increases your high. I also heard cigarettes do the same, probably myths though.

5. #5 -Martyr, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014

The majority, if not all of these methods that are going to be posted, or that you have seen posted, will only increase the high (if any) to a trivial degree- entirely due to placebo effect. Working out beforehand and then smoking may maximize the potential effects of smoking something like a dominant indica strain because you will feel the effects on the body more due to the heightened activity of your organs, heart, etc, but it's not like drinking tea or eating chips is going to increase the potency of your stash or increase the amount of THC running through your bloodstream. It's like saying "I'm in the mood for pizza, which topping do you think will induce the most nostalgia from my childhood when I shit it out?" The two are entirely unrelated and have nothing to do with one another.
    If you want to get higher, smoke danker nugs or smoke more in general.

6. I got the mangoes but not the weed, and when i finally do get weed ill be out of mangoes, its always my fuckin luck

7. try getting in to the habit of eating fish oil daily. i heard overtime it will restore and rejuvenate your cannabinoid receptors. 

8. I heard eating a mango about 45 minutes before you get high works good,never tried myself though.

9. Eat more omega-3. If you want an immediate effect eat some mango before you smoke. It DOES work.

10. #10 Platypus7, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    I like to smoke more weed :smoking:

11. You could make a smoothie with a banana, a mango and a little orange juice. Only the mango will make your high more intense, but the other stuff tastes good and is healthy, too.

I like having a cup of coffee or tea, too. It doesn't intensify your high per se, but it keeps you more alert. I think that is more for if you wake and bake, which I don't do often.

12. everyone is saying mango and thats about the only one i know of. i did it once and i was noticeably more high. try it out. and mangoes are tasty too!

If the placebo effect is allowing for people to feel a more intensified high, then does that not mean that it is in fact (somewhat) working? I mean, don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you that the real way to increase the effects of marijuana is to simply increase the intake of how much you're smoking, but nevertheless it would be silly to disregard the effect something like eating a mango before getting high has on people, even if its not directly related to the inhalation of THC compounds. 

14. Mango half an hour before you lit up and green tea during your smoke!
    Could be all placebo, but mango is just the tastiest fruit on the planet and the tea keeps me more alert.