what are the best stoner movies

Discussion in 'Stoner Movies & Documentaries' started by stonerchick4420, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Not too many people know of this movie, but I can't recommend it enough. It's a different kind of stoner comedy, it's philosophical, it has Edward Norton playing identical twins, and it's also a Coen Brothers type thriller with a wickedly dark sense of humor. Can't recommend this movie enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a5QepEU390

2. By any means this is not the best but its an underrated and not well known one that's worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n8rHwtoEwo

3. Cheech and chong start there, man  :bongin:

4. The inventions of lying is a great movie especially when your blizzard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. [​IMG]

Most MST3K episodes are good. If you aren't familiar with the show, the backstory involves a guy being shot into space who became lonely and built robot friends. The mad scientist that shot him into space tortures him by forcing him to watch terrible, old, B rated (some are worse than B ratings) movies which are ridiculed by him and his robot friends. Very low budget tv show poking fun and dubbing witty commentary over equally low budget movies. It was a late night cult classic in the late 80s and throughout the 90s. They went off the air after several seasons but raised a substantial amount of cash recently to bring it back.

My favorite episodes are Eegah, Catalina Caper, and Manos: Hands of Fate. Each episode is an hour to an hour and a half and frequently begin with a short, funny industrial film. My favorite short is when these two city kids join their cousins on a farm for the summer. I almost piss myself every time I watch it.

A great TV show to watch is Wondershowzen. It's an old 90s show with incredibly crude humor that's geared toward adults but packaged as a kids show. If you have never seen it give YouTube a shot. You won't regret it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #26 BongLordJoshyBoy, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

7. #27 BongLordJoshyBoy, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

8. Humboldt County is pretty legit if youre smoking on some Indica

• Like Like x 1
  9. the big lebowski is the ultimate movie

also this is the end and half baked are both hilarious.

10. Countryman

It's a Jamaican film about a kind of super Rasta.

11. Check and Chong: Up In Smoke is a classic. In my opinion the best stoner movie, especially with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Depends on your personality, I've found to realize the best movies for me to watch stoned are movies that have a setting, plot, time, idea, and characters you are personally interested in. For example I'm a fantasy guy, I like the combination of magic and combat, boom Game of Thrones is now the ultimate stoner flick to me now. Explore the vast selection of films in the world and choose titles that relate and interest you. I've found so many good indie movies and aren't well known that really hit home with me. P.S I found the Big Lebowski to be ass in my opinion, not my type of humor.

13. Pineapple Express. lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. multiplicity 1996 michael keaton

• Like Like x 1