What are the best filter screens?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Ganja ☤, Jan 8, 2014.

1. I'm sick and tired of my stupid screens getting holes in them after one or two uses. So which screens have you noticed last the longest?

2. #2 AlphaOmega420, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    glass followed by steel

3. #3 Ganja ☤, Jan 8, 2014
    [quote name="AlphaOmega420" post="19303649" timestamp="1389214541"]glass followed by steel[/quote]Care to elaborate? LolAre you talking about glass screens? They make those? :eek:

4. #4 AlphaOmega420, Jan 8, 2014
    Yup you can buy a couple for a few dollars, they are kind of spendy but can defeintely be worth it depending on your bowl size, I usually just get a pack of steel screens and switch them out once resin buildup gets noticeable.

I would always forget I had a glass screen in and dump it in my ashtray and forget about them lol

heres a pic

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. [quote name="AlphaOmega420" post="19303694" timestamp="1389215122"]Yup you can buy a couple for a few dollars, they are kind of spendy but can defeintely be worth it depending on your bowl size, I usually just get a pack of steel screens and switch them out once resin buildup gets noticeable.I would always forget I had a glass screen in and dump it in my ashtray and forget about them lolheres a pic[​IMG][/quote]Ohh okay I've seen those. I've been kind of gun shy about them because I'm not sure if they would fit properly in my bowl.

6. Screens piss me off. When I don't have any I'll make one out of foil which sucks, but now I just load poppers in my bubbler instead.

7. What are "poppers"?

It's where you use tobacco as a filter and then cover it with weed. When you cash it in one hit it makes a 'pop' sound.

9. you know, a snap.

10. I used to use glass screens but go tired of not being able to dump the bowl out easy. I don't use a screen anymore.

11. along with the 2 styles shown by AlphaOmega420, these have been popping up in my area for few years now. work very well for me, still have the same 2 from a while go haha. honeycomb screens...

[​IMG]

12. #12 Ganja ☤, Jan 8, 2014
    [quote name="AlphaOmega420" post="19303694" timestamp="1389215122"]Yup you can buy a couple for a few dollars, they are kind of spendy but can defeintely be worth it depending on your bowl size, I usually just get a pack of steel screens and switch them out once resin buildup gets noticeable.I would always forget I had a glass screen in and dump it in my ashtray and forget about them lolheres a pic[​IMG][/quote]Thanks alpha, I just walked to the smoke shop and copped a couple, but ended up buying a pipe that I didn't need. Lol. I guess I'll see how well they work tonight. They look so big in pictures. The ones I got are tiny as fuck.

• Like Like x 2
  13. [quote name="Tree Burner" post="19303906" timestamp="1389217080"]I used to use glass screens but go tired of not being able to dump the bowl out easy. I don't use a screen anymore.[/quote]Shit I didn't even think about that. Ah well, the dude at the smoke shop gave em to me for free with the pipe, so if I don't like em, at least they were free haha.

Once they get kind of stuck in there from resin it's a little better. You still got to watch though if you're smoking with people and someone goes to cash the bowl out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. [quote name="Tree Burner" post="19304233" timestamp="1389220833"]Once they get kind of stuck in there from resin it's a little better. You still got to watch though if you're smoking with people and someone goes to cash the bowl out.[/quote]Oh okay that's good to hear. And I shouldn't have to worry about that, it is very seldom that I smoke with people. I appreciate the advice man!

• Like Like x 1
  16. yo nice handle dude I had the exact same thing for some account a few years ago