what are the benefits of...?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by xameciffo, Mar 25, 2013.

1. The 3 day dark theory. Any insights?

2. ide rather let my plant naturally photosynthesize for its last three days than to completely put it in the dark

3. I know it's almost common sense to naturally finish. If any thing maybe an extra few hours of light before harvest but then again common sense would say stick to the regular life cycle. Thank you doctor

4. any time man, stay medicated :smoking:

5. Have to. ear and hearing issues since for ever. After some meditation with my medication, my hearing improves in clarity and ofcourse pain relief. Such a gift.

6. i heard the reason people do it is because the plant realizes after the first 24 hours of darkness that it knows it's going to die.

so as a response it fluffs up buds in order to attract more pollen carriers and stuff as a last resort.

i've also heard of some seeds popping up in the last 48 hours too.

7. Actually during the plants dark or sleep period is when it actually produces the chemical which give it its distinct dank smell. I can't remember exactly but I believe the chemical is like trepanoid? It really escapes me right now, look it up. They say its good to put your plant in a 48hr sleep before you harvest and let it build up mass amounts of that chemical to give it a super pungient taste &smell. I plan on doing that then hanging my plants upside down for a day or two before I pluck and dry. I wish I could post pictures I have 12 plants, 4 are choice strains and the other 8 are choice bagseeds haha. Just seeds I found in some really fresh green midddies that I ran into. The middies were light green had trichombes inside. But had very healthy mature seeds. So I poached a few from a few batches. Any way the 4 strains are pumpkin pie, afghani goo, platinum haze, a purp strain that I got for free. They are coming up on 3 months from they day they were put in the dirt. All around a ft or more shooting beautifully, beautiful color. All sprouting sets of 7 healthy looking fan blades. One has 8 so I think they'll be shooting nine soon?? However when I try to upload pics it uploads 100% then says error, anyone have that issue? I have the plants under a 400w metal halide that has a 50-75-100% dimmable and they seem to like it. They grow in a happy frog organic soil medium currently in about 3 gallon bags, the biggest is a 5 gallon pot. I used Humboldt white widow nutrients on transplants and in some of the water at the recommended doses. But I stopped with that for now and am currently using tap water that I let sit uncapped and dosed with advanced nutrients ph perfect-grow-

8. I usually do the dark cycle thing, though I'm not convinced it makes a big difference. My unscientific observations lead me to believe it makes the buds a little more dry (I also don't water the last week) and smoke smoother. The theory is that during the dark cycle, nutrients and sap flow out of the leaves and into the roots. Do some searching, and you will find papers about this phenomenon in trees, I can only assume it also applies to mary.