Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What are some important characteristics of quality bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Greentrollsmurf, Oct 9, 2013.

1. I never knew how good bud could be until I tried some white widow.
    What should I look/check for when buying bud ?
    Sent from my ST25a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

"Good" bud comes in a variety of different styles. People can think some bud is good and someone else may think it's just alright. In general well cured bud, not too dry, not too wet. Smokes smooth. Smells nice. Burns Even. Doesn't snap-crackle-pop. Nice clean grey/white ash. Good high.  There are so many factors to consider.  :smoking:

3. #3 Ganja ☤, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
    Seeds and stems are bad, especially in excess.

Fluffy light weed usually equals good weed.

Too sticky can be bad, and too dry can also be bad, a happy medium is where it is at.

How are the buds: Shake (Almost looks partially grinded) is usually not good, Popcorn (A bunch of small popcorn size buds) can be good or bad depending on your preference, and big buds usually are good buds.

Strong scent.

These are just the basics, but sometimes the shittiest looking weed turns out to be the best weed.

4. So basically you're asking what veteran buyers look for when picking up? Well hairs and crystals are always helpful but of course these aren't always the deciding factor actually a lot depends on strain or growing technique, inside or outside, sativa or Indica. However a strong smell, nice aesthetic looking buds, a healthy green look a lack of stems and seeds. Bad weed usually has lots of crumbs (shake) and doesn't smell like strong mj. I took a few weeks only browsing stash jar and growing forums seeing prepared bud and now my opinion is valued above the rest of my friends on good or bad bud.