What are my options ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ana-MPS, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Hey everyone, 

ok I'll try to be as fast as possible.

One of my plant is seriously tall compared to others. 
    Recently she reached the light which is bad for me, what was supposed to happen happened, some leaves are now burned as you will see below. 

After a little bit of maintenance I managed to give some more space to my plant, it won't get better this time if I do not sacrifice my carbon filter, I have some Ona gel so I might consider it later.

My issue is, I'm still running a 18/6 schedule for my three other plants because I think they're not mature enough. I've heard the plant would get even taller when going into flowering state. 

Strain is afghani (beginner's choice) and was supposed to be "compact" but this one big ass plant of mine has always been a kicker since germination.

Guys, what can I do ? Also should I cut the burned leaves ?

Attached Files:

2. Have you considered LST/supercrop

3. The big one could be male... more often then not, the really big ones are. You didn't use feminized seeds, did you? Maybe it would be a good time to put to 12/12.

4. They can double and sometimes triple in height after you switch to 12/12.

You are growing with CFLs so your training is all wrong. Stop letting your plants dictate how things are going to happen and take charge. Topping and LST need to be administered. Any growth further than 6" from that bulb isn't going to amount to anything. Next time ScrOG because it makes it so much easier to train the plant. But for now if you are still vegging cut it down to a sensible height and bend over the tallest branches to match the height of the lower ones 

Never heard of this, I'll try to learn more. 

Those are not feminized, you're right, I thought of cloning females to replace males later. Still really hope it's not.
     I don't know about 12/12 now, you may not see it clearly on the pictures I've send with my posts but the others still needs veg, I believe. The stem of my biggest plant is thick and large while others are still developping. 

Also here is a picture of what I could "identify" as a pistil, the picture is blur because of my cam not being able to do the focus.
    It's absolutely white in reality compared to this picture. 
    It might not be relevant though...

Attached Files:

6. #6 Ana-MPS, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015

Thanks, I didn't know about these methods, I'm always scared to hurt my plant when it comes to touching it.
    I'll tell you guys later how things turned.

7. Hey just stopping by to see whats best I have a iced white widow fem and I topped it for the first time a few days ago maybe a week and its about a month old maybe a little more just wondering when to LST? I want to top it maybe 2 more times so do I have to wait till I do that? Or if someone can direct me to a good forum that deals with that type of thing thank you good luck

8. Alright,
    so I applied topping a few mins ago after some reading, I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong before maiming my plant. :rolleyes:

I also did some supercropping to some stems.
    Now I'll be waiting a few days and see what's happening before starting with LST, but since I've been cutting the top of my principal stem I'm not sure if I should go for it as it won't grow taller anytime soon according to what I've been reading. 

If things are going fine, stem should regenerate and become stronger where I pinched them. 

No pictures this time except the crop,
    pretty sure I'm seeing some pistils here and there.  :lol:

Attached Files:

Yeah you have pistils there man. Good to hear you have done some training

10. YES ! You really made my day ahah !  :D