What are good starter seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ParanormalSmoke, Jul 10, 2013.

1. My friend and I are planning to grow indoors, our budget to start is impossibly small (about $40, I know it's to small for a full grow, but this is just a starter budget) , what seeds are good for beginers the site I'm using is listed below
    http://www.marijuana-seeds-canada.com/collections/cheap-marijuana-seeds?page=2
    what brands are best and what brands do I avoid, I'm looking in the $2-4 per seed range, as were just getting started were only going to do a max of 4 plants, so far these are the strains I'm looking at:
    -Afghan Kush
    -White Widow
    -Aurora Indica (NLxAfghan)
    -Northern Lights
    -Northern Lights #5
    -Skunk #1
    -Original Skunk
    -Original Afghan
    -Afghan
    -Swiss Cheese
    and what do we need to learn or do as were starting, like just broad things to keep the plants alive till we can get better funding. Peace

2. the budget is just to get started, buying the essentials like soil and seeds.

3. Northern Lights

4. #5 zxcvbqm, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/382585-beginners-guide-get-you-started-growing-cannabis.html

how to get you started. explains all the materials needed. Does your friend or you have any bag seed? imo it would be better to start with bag seeds just to get the feel of growing. i am sure you will experience hiccups along the way like everyone does. if you guys really want quality seeds go for northern lights like growkings suggested.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1185464-northern-lights-cabinet-grow-400w-mhhps.html?hl=northern

This is a recent indoor grow journal by one of our members. The reason why i posted this journal is because based on your post i think this is the type of setup you are going for. 4 northern lights. but he is using a grow tent.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1166501-first-cfl-stealth-grow-northern-lights-x.html?hl=northern
    another one but DIY indoor grow box also northern lights

5. still new to weed, whats bag seed (I would imagine that it means that the seeds come in a bag, the answers probably pretty simple and I'm gonna feel like an idiot) and I'm looking for single seeds so we can customize, like 3 Northern Lights and 1 Afghan or something like that, so what brand names are good (like nirvana), are there any other single seed sites that ship cheap to canada.
    also we only have house hold Items to work with, the area we live in has no stores I know of have any nutrients, so were talking absolutetly Ghetto DIY, like folgers can with some lamps, or maybe putting the plants outside durring the day and brining them inside at night. THanks for the replies.

6. #7 zxcvbqm, Jul 11, 2013
  7. Thx, but shouldnt it start to suffer deficiencies, I've heard so much about deficiencies, what are some things to watch out for as a first timer? Thanks for that video it gives me hope that were compitent enough to grow it... also I've done research but no place can really clarify, is weed easy to grow?

8. Oh! also I don't have any bag seeds.

9. I second Northern Lights.

10. kay, so Northern Lights is definatley on the list, what brand names though, Nirvana, White Label, Sensi, High Quality, Seedsman, KC Brains... like what brand, see the site I'm ordering from above, first post.

11. I grew Nirvana NL for my first grow and had great results.    Cheap seeds and great final product......a little bit of phenotype variablitiy but I don't mind, as I enjoy the variety.    Very short and stcky plants that were very easy to grow.

12. #13 Julius Caesar, Jul 11, 2013

Probably the cheapest premium strain on your list is Skunk #1 which is sold by quite a few breeders.
    Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 - about $40 to $45 for 10 regular seeds or $30 for 5 femenized seeds - I prefer regular seeds myself.

Nirvana seeds are probably the cheapest. I have read good reviews and poor reviews for their seeds although I have never tried them myself.

Don't put too much money into seeds until you get a few grows completed.

13. alright I'm going to try 5x Skunk #1 (just to allow room for males and dud's (no germinators)) and 1 Aurora Indica, the total with shipping is $23.79 what taxes are applicable and what will customs be?

14. how much is it to make a cheap DIY grow box, or tent, and where are the dimensions or steps to build.