what are fountain drinks called where you live?

Discussion in 'General' started by YouSuckDude, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Why do you Canadians keep saying this? If you've took a second to read the thread or look the the demographic map on page 1, you'd know that isn't true at all. Many of us down here all it pop too.

2. Soda is what it is. But mehh how many threads does it take?
    [​IMG]

I'm from NY, I call it soda, because thats what it's called.

You guys ready to have your mind blown?
    Type "pop" into google.
    Observe first page results.
    Type "soda" into google.
    Observe first page results.

There isn't a brand called Jones pop, nor a club soda labeled club pop.

/Thread.

Edit: If I ever meet a southerner that tells me I have coke instead of pop or soda I will stab them. They better hope I'm drinking coke at the time so I let it slide.

3. Soda! If someone calls it pop here they either get weird stares or get laughed at.

4. In middle Georgia everything is called coke. Like if you order a meal at a restaurant they ask what would you like to drink, and if you say coke, the waiter(ress) asks what kind

5. I live in Chicago so it's called pop here. but when I lived in Florida i'd say pop and some people would be like "what's pop?" I will never call pop soda, EVER.

6. Really? Weird. I always called it "soda" when I was there.

7. Well they were definitely laughing at you back in the kitchen

My grandmother calls it "tonic"...I think that's just old school, not regional

It will always be soda for me

8. I hope we never meet, I would be way more rude to you than I normally ever am to anyone. Same with when people tell a story with their cousin in it and they say cousint.

9. Also, if you ask for a coke here, you'll either get coca-cola or pepsi. Most of the time they wont even tell you it's pepsi.

10. They say pop here in Utah. Being from DC I still call it soda

11. #71 Lucien Lachance, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    Little blond girls say pop.

I myself (along with anyone who has any dignity) say soda.

12. Coke unless I want to be specific

13. Pop.

I put "soda" in my whiskey. ;)

14. personally I call it by the name: "hey man pass me a pepsi." "I'm just gonna get a coke from downstairs." "Anyone want a sprite?" I dunno, I sometimes use pop, and soda is so american. I just like be specific I guess :p

15. It's pop in pittsburgh, we also got gumbands, yinz aint got shit on our slang ya jagoff's.

16. Uhh, neither?

/european

*shrugs shoulders.. leaves inane thread..*

17. I live in Charleston/Morgantown, WV, and all my life I've called it pop. I've never heard anyone I've ever known call it soda or anything other than pop.

18. I've never heard anyone use pop before.

I pretty much always hear soda but I have heard people use the word coke even if they are not getting a coke...doesn't make sense to me.

19. WOW... you can actually see the Coke influence radiating out from Atlanta. :eek::eek::eek: