Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What are dab rigs legally used for?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JuicyJaydon, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Just curious, does anyone know if dab rigs have a legal oil/concentrate that is supposed to be used with them? Do smokeshops sell it? I have yet to hear of such a thing

2. Btw I live in minnesota (selling of bud and wax/oil/hash are not legal)

3. Good question.  My etsy and ebay accounts were both frozen for trying to sell "dabbers"  So I know that that word is a no-no, I'm not sure what yo're supoosed to sell them as, plenty of people are still selling them using the same terms.  I wish we didn't have to worry about the legality of a piece of glass or a piece of metal and wood.  Such bullshit

4. #4 phunk doc, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    oil burner? device for aromatherapy vaporization? i dunno...swing and a miss i think...

5. Are there oils smokeshops sell for dabbing?

6. #6 JuicyJaydon, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    So is "oil rig" the proper term when discussing it in a smokeshop?

I think when I went in there I decided to call it a "piece with a nail" lol or something like that

7. From what I can tell from some light reading around Google, they are technically "tobacco concentrate water pipes/pieces". Kind of weird, considering I've never heard of any sort of tobacco "concentrate" that can be dabbed (yuck, why would you want to do such a thing?) Obviously there are other products w/ nicotine like gum and patches and stuff but...IDK. :hide:

8. from my understanding it's called a concentrate pipe

9. no...op rigs are used for cannabis concentrates...nobody uses them for other stuff.
    You live in an illegal state where they are marketed as "tobacco" pipes why don't you just not ask questions and buy a rig and dab what we both know your really buying it for.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

10. Just go into a smoke shop and just look around for one. If you see one just say, "Hey, can I see that piece". If you don't see one then they clearly don't sell them :p

11. He is just trying to inform himself of something he doesnt know. Dont be a douche.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. An oil rig is considered a water pipe,water pipes are for use of tabacco in legal terms..just because it has a male joint does not make it different.people like myself use them for flowers as well..a water pipe is a water pipe..an oil rig is just a term..no different then bong.

13. Like the dude above me said. It's a water pipe weather you have a nail on it or not. You can call a nail a nail and a bowl a bowl. I'm in a non nes state and I've called them rigs before with no problem. If you say bong they say water pipe before you can even finish though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. A male joint for a nail?
    I really like that name lol.

15. It is what it is called in glass blowing terms... you have female and male joints..some people call them arms.but female and male make it possible to distinguish the difference

16. Typically your water pipes for dry herb are female joints on the piece and a male jointed bowl.

17. My bong has a male joint and came with a bowl. You're right though typically male joints on the piece are used for dabbing because of you use a male nail in a female joint the heat will expand the nail and could cause the joint to crack. That's why most rigs use a male joint. I'm sure you knew that I was just saying incase op didn't.

18. I absolutely agree. .. even titanium when raised above it'd Leiden frost point will expand a few nanometers and with a female joint ..it is enough to snap it... so the went male joints.

19. Interesting, thanks I wasnt able to find much online. I wonder if shop workers would know what people meant by "tobacco concentrate," or if theyd even have it.

20. Because I'm interested. If all they were marketed for/used for was cannibus concentrates then I'm wondering why its legal to sell in non legal states.